• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

soldiers of the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soldiers of the world

I always liked the foreign head soldiers of the world Joes. Unfortunately, the Australian jungle fighter always seemed less useful than the others. Those ridiculous short pants? Really? And the only weapon he has is the flamethrower! Good grief! it would have been better if they had given him long pants, a regular firearm of some kind, and maybe a backpack. Then it would have been a much cooler figure, and would have had more play value!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_889.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	4064Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200307_215253190~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	4066 I cobbled one together out of parts in the junk box. Something along these lines...
    Last edited by ATC; 03-14-2020, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Maybe I can score foreign head in Kentucky. Unless the toy expo gets canceled over this Mexican beer virus thing...

Comment

I've got a Timeless SOTW Aussie. I have to say I like your kitbash much better. I know the Brits and Aussies wore shorts, but it sure looks strange. Nice job!

Comment

I have one SOTW. I'm making him a German. Been "working" on him for awhile. Basically, all I have is the helmet, figure, and uniform. Need everything else. I had a Timeless Aussie, but I ended up selling him off.
          The Joe Collecting "Geek".
          Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
          www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
          Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
          www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
          www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my new art? Check out:
          www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Squad ready to advance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200316_183207272~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	4072 The three guys in the back are all timeless sets on random figures. The two AA guys are from the Hasbro timeless era, the second guy in line is FDNY firefighter.. The guy in the front is vintage with a bunch of random parts from the junk box. The 21st century lee-enfield rifles are the bee's knees!

http://gijoe.50megs.com/ANZAC.html

Heck, they could have just made an Australian coast watcher instead of jungle fighter. all they would have had to do is include a radio instead of a flamethrower

Here's the Coast Watcher I made around y2k out of two mib backyard patrol Japanese uniforms. In retrospect that was a terrible mistake! But at the time it was a fun project and the word "vintage" didn't mean much to me.

http://www.gijoe.50megs.com/coastpg.html

Last edited by ATC; 03-16-2020, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Great kitbashes and I'm really digging the squad! I didn't mind the shorts so much and in fact the Aussie was/is one of my favorite military Joes and AM dudes, but I'm with you on the flame thrower. Maybe as an alternate weapon for a 2-pack or squad. Not the primary weapon for a solo guy! I ended up adding a Thompson to my AM Aussie Sergeant. After doing some reading on what to arm him with I learned some Australian troops deployed alongside US troops did use US-issue weapons. Since he's standing next to some that's what he got!

Comment

When I was early into collecting, the Aussie was the first figure I completed, and the one I most hated as a kid. Same reason it was due to the short pants. But I must say, it is one of my favorites now. Not sure why, but really dig him.
                - Scott
                PH and Proud
                Bulletmann - Hyatta
                See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Working...
                X