• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.I. Joe on Comet-san

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.I. Joe on Comet-san

Hi all,

In these days when many of us are looking for something interesting to watch, I figured I'd bring back an older show that people might find worth giving a second viewing because of all the G.I. Joe goodness that in contains. It's an 1967 episode of a series that aired in Japan named Comet-san. Titled "Revolt of the Toys," this was the first episode of Comet-san to be filmed in color, and they wanted to make it extra special to celebrate the change.

The episode is entirely in Japanese, but the story is simple enough that it's fairly easy to follow even without any knowledge of the language. The basic premise is that pretty young Comet-san is a magical girl who is working as a housekeeper for a typical Japanese family, and the boys of the family are treating their toys very poorly, including their G.I. Joes. Comet-san uses her powers to bring the toys to life, and they soon go after the boys to protest their previous mistreatment. The boys try to run or fight back, but are constantly being outsmarted by the platoon of Joes. The G.I. Joe action doesn't really get going until about 11 minutes into the episode, but then it runs through the rest of the story.

I'm sorry that the video quality isn't perfect, but I still think you'll get a kick out of it. If you haven't seen it before, you're in for a treat! If you have seen it, you'll probably find it worth checking out again. I hope you'll all enjoy it!

James

Here's the link:

Very cool! I enjoyed the stop motion animation. Cute show. Do you know what year this if from?

Comment

Hi all!

As I said in my initial post, this is from 1967. To be more specific, it first aired on November 13, 1967.

I hope this helps!

James

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Gonna have to check it out.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

That was an absolute scream! Loved it! Thanks for posting the link!

Comment

Working...
          X