• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.....a couple questions on the Crash Crew truck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .....a couple questions on the Crash Crew truck

Long time since I logged in......been more in car and garage mode the last few years. I pulled the trigger on one of the last vintage pieces I didn't have- the 1967 Crash Crew truck. I don't have it in hand yet but there are a couple issues and perhaps someone here could help. It has one broken ladder holding clip. I know it's common. Anyone make a replacement piece? Also missing the axe holder..... any repros out there? Lastly, the connector for the hose to the water cannon. Is it plastic or metal? I can get a plastic replacement and chrome it but want to know first. I appreciate any light you can shed. Thanks.

As far as repro parts you could try Red Venom repros. I know they used to make some parts for the truck, not sure if they still do. Also there are plenty of smaller guys on Facebook making fiddly little parts- maybe someone can 3d print something, too:
    https://www.redvenomrepros.com/gi-joe

On mine all the parts for the hose are plastic.

Sean

Comment

Thank you. I know Chris pretty well. I was the one who supplied him with most of the sample parts when he expanded from the single item of space capsule handles. I haven't seen anyone doing the axe holder. Thanks to your info, I'll get the hose connector from him and chrome it. Hopefully I have some scrap blue plastic to make a piece for the ladder holder....... just gotta find an axe holder......

Comment

I'm rounding stuff up and the biggest hurdle is the axe holder. Can someone post a couple pictures and perhaps some basic measurements? I will fabricate one and hope for a 3d printed one or a cast repro somewhere down the line. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X