• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Retro 3 3/4" Joes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Retro 3 3/4" Joes

I haven't seen much said about this line. I also collect vintage 3 3/4" Joes and when I first heard about this line, I was excited. Hasbro has been doing great with Retro style Transformers, Star Wars, and the Real Ghostbusters. So, of course, I expected the Joe line to be about the same. Boy, was I wrong. Only thing retro about this line is the card backs.
    First, they are all redo's from figures from the last 10 years. The Storm Shadow and Baroness were a TRU two pack from the 50th line I believe(correct me if I am wrong). The card are does not match the figures. The Snake Eyes card art is from the version one Snake eyes, but the figure is based on version 2 with the visor. The Storm Shadow looks nothing like the card art or any Storm Shadow from the vintage line. The other retro lines Hasbro are putting out are almost exact repros of the original figures, so what is up with Joe? They even did a good job with all the retro style 12" Joes(Timeless, Masterpiece, etc.). So disappointing.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Are you referring to the new six inch figure line? I wasn't aware of a Baroness figure.

Comment

There is a new 6" series out and a new 3 3/4" series out. Both are disappointing.

Comment

I have some of the older 3 3/4 Joes I'm willing to part with. Some I want to keep, others I don't mind letting go. These are vintage, not newer versions. If you have any of those you want, let me know.

Comment

Maybe if the Classified line does well Hasbro will bring out an AT or Classic Collection line... yeah, right.

Comment

So far, the Classified line is doing great because all the scalpers are buying and hoarding them all, which is unfortunate. The 40th line wasn't perfect, but they did a good job with the line by making it like vintage Joe. If only Hasbro did this with the retro RAH line, and make the Classified line in the modern style, then everyone would be happy.
            As far as new 12" figures in the vintage style, no, that ship has sailed. But there is always Cots.......

Comment

Working...
            X