• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where have all the Joe heads gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started here when it was on AOL, as a lurker. Signed up here, signed up again when the crash happened. Have no interest in facebook, it seems more hateful than anything else. Waiting for shows to maybe start up again, now that I have time to go to them. Enjoyed the ones I did go to back when. Still check in here regularly.
    Jim

Comment

So that's what happened? I haven't been here much, myself, but that's because of 1:1 world priorities. (Namely work!) I tried FB for a while and then stopped because of it started to feel like a second full-time job keeping it up to date. I already spend a minimum of 10 hours a day in front of a computer screen, so more of the same wasn't working for me. I much prefer the message board community. Plus, as others have stated, FB is just too open to trolls looking to start fights from the safety of an anonymous keyboard to stroke their own egos. I'd much rather spend the time with my Joes, in the gym or with a good book (with actual pages).

Comment

1:1 claims on my time are finally winding down. I am spending time reading a book by James Rickards called "Aftermath" I finished the introduction tonight and it's easily the best intro to a book about finance I have ever read. This is a guy who is eminently qualified, and thinks we're soon to go through a second great depression, and also believes gold will go to at least $5000 per ounce in the next 5 years. We'll see. Anyway, he writes very well.

I haven't even THOUGHT about Gi Joe for several months now. I think I acquired most of what I wanted, except someday I hope for a vintage Black Adventure Team Commander. Distant future. Right now I'm focused on financial matters. Trying to plan for retirement and what comes next. But I think I'll be able to fit Joe in there again very soon.

I also will be scaling back my involvement in Facebook. I watched a documentary on Netflix called "The Social Dilemma" which has me looking at ways to limit or eliminate my use of Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram and other sites. I definitely want to decrease my social media footprint. Not just because of the flame-wars, but because of the surveillance by corporations and other actors. I much prefer posting here anyway, because photos show up better here, and it's much easier to find old posts and threads here, where on Facebook, things become very hard to find often within a day or two.

Comment

Working...
        X