• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dune Buggy ATV Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dune Buggy ATV Project

Here is the CC-era GI Joe ATV. I used my Dremel tool to sand off all of the molded accessories like the shovel and fire extinguisher etc, to make the body smooth all around. Then I repainted the whole thing a desert tan color to cover up evidence of my Dremel work. It looks much better without the distracting fake molded accessories all over it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190103_184305933~3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	4405 I think I will add some transparent lenses to the headlights and call it done.

This might be the most under-appreciated GI Joe vehicle ever. Great for special forces, adventure team, or GI Joe on vacation. If I had one of these as a kid, I would have loved it! It's small enough to play with indoors, durable enough to play with outside, and compact enough to toss in the car when going to grandma's house. Practically indestructible. Great kid toy!

- ATC

Originally posted by ATC View Post
    This might be the most under-appreciated GI Joe vehicle ever. Great for special forces, adventure team, or GI Joe on vacation. If I had one of these as a kid, I would have loved it! It's small enough to play with indoors, durable enough to play with outside, and compact enough to toss in the car when going to grandma's house. Practically indestructible. Great kid toy
    I totally agree ATC! I have picked up two a few years ago. One was loose and wasn't complete, it didn't have the weapons rack that attaches to the rollbar. The other is still in the box. My plan was to put AT stickers on them. But then I hit burnout on the hobby
    for a few years, now I'm looking to get back into collecting again. I see this vehicle as being the CC version of the AT ATV vehicle. Like you said, compact and indestructible.

Daryl

Comment

When I was a kid I had a little one man Joe buggy like this that I made out of Tonka dump truck wheels, a 2x4, and an aluminum bucket seat that my dad made for me out of HVAC vent scraps. I held it onto the 2x4 with nails. It looked like heck, but I thought it was awesome as an 8 year old!

Comment

It sounds cool! Do you have any photos?

Comment

Nope. I regret that I don't still have it. As pathetic as it was, I still have a lot of memories with it. The CC dune buggy is awfully darn close in concept though! ?

Comment

Working...
          X