• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The perfect tent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perfect tent

I found this tent at REI Co-Op (.com), called a Tiny Tent. It comes in blue or green, retailing there for $20. Photo from REI website.
    Courtesy REI Co-Op
    Last edited by Unveiled; 10-29-2020, 10:23 PM.

You can also score some cool civilian looking tents for Joe at the end of the camping season at retail stores. Like Walmart and Cabela's. Here's a pic of one I got several years ago from a Walmart as they were taking down their camping displays and getting ready for winter goods. I talked to the manager, and he said I could have the display if I made a donation to make a wish. So I gave him 10 bucks and brought the tent home. It is tall enough for Joe to stand in, and is pretty big. There are three rooms inside. there are two side entrances and one main entrance. In the far end is a screen room. This would be a perfect Adventure team headquarters in the field... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201109_164012568~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	4541 This is the bigger of the two. The other one was a smaller dome tent. About like a three man tent for Joe. I think I had a screen room tent once as well. All by hitting up retail outlets at the end of the season and offering to make a donation to make a wish for the display.
    - ATC

Comment

• Unveiled
      Unveiled commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that will fit a lot of Joes. And some motorcycles and gear, etc. Agreed, a potential HQ. Thanks for sharing.

The best part is that the Joes can stand up inside. Underneath the rain fly is a screen roof, easily cut out with scissors providing access to the interior. Lots of play value here!

Comment

Working...
    X