• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSV Customization Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSV Customization Idea

I pulled out the storage drawers from the side of the MSV and noticed that without those drawers in the way, there was a LOT of room in there! Plenty of room for a Joe, maybe? I stuffed a Joe in, and it looked like it could be a computer or electronics panel of some kind, and the Joe was the operator. Thus, they could do "command post" functions while enroute to the mission. I stuffed another Joe in there, and it seemed kinda like the astronauts on an Apollo mission... tight quarters but do-able, side by side. I looked in the back end of the MSV, and their feet stuck out almost to the swing-out map. They would be in the way, unless I make some leg room with sheet plastic to make a false deck in the back of the MSV. That way their feet would be covered up and the back of the MSV could still be used for storage or cargo. I guess I'll have to look for a couple more MSV seats so I can mount 'em back there. And then add a high-tech looking instrument panel and keyboard space for the mission control operators. Maybe some flashing lights...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	MSV Backseat.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.6 KB ID:	4864

Click image for larger version  Name:	MSV Backseat2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	4865
    Incidentally, I have a few FrankenJoes with 40th repro torso/arms/heads with Playing Mantis Captain Action abdomens/legs and they fit a lot better than pure Hasbro Joes... because Captain Action could always sit better than Joe! I used a club figure ("Streak") and a original AT astronaut for the pics above, rather than my FrankenJoes (the FrankenJoes are my Stuart tank crew).
    - ATC

Last edited by ATC; 02-09-2021, 08:26 PM.

Sounds cool! I'm interested in seeing how it turns out!

Daryl

Comment

Cool..

Comment

ATC, your picture of those Joes in tight quarters brought back a memory of a vacation my family took to Walt Disney world about 10 years ago. My son and daughter were in their teens at the time. I wanted to ride the "Mission to Mars" ride but neither my wife nor kids were willing, so I boarded one of the "capsules" with a couple strangers. The enclosure is VERY small! We waited for the ride to start. And waited...and waited. I didn't think I was claustrophobic, but I was on the verge of having a panic attack when they finally opened the doors and announced the ride had malfunctioned. "Come back later in the day" they said. NO THANKS!

Comment

Imagine being trapped in that thing all the way to mars!?

Comment

Working...
          X