• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adventure Team - Girl Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventure Team - Girl Power

I tossed together a GI Jane adventure team. The AT Commander, along with an Air Adventurer, Sea Adventurer, Land Adventurer, and the Woman of Action. I don't have an AA Jane, so couldn't put together an Adventurer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210210_133153612~3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	4868 The commander, air, and woa figures were easy. The commander is wearing a reproduction Action Jackson vest. The land adventurer is wearing a Hall of fame camouflage uniform that has been tailored for the Jane body, ditto for the Sea adventurer who is wearing a tailored coast guard uniform.

Very cool!

Comment

Added a few more AT Jane pics. Not pleased with the commander outfit with the tan vest, but couldn't figure out a better commander outfit in the absence of a two pocket pea green jacket that I was willing to cut and tailor.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210211_101512996~2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	152.3 KB ID:	4876
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210211_101547219~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.9 KB ID:	4871
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210211_101538046~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.1 KB ID:	4872
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210211_101643879~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	4873

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210211_101557556~3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.1 KB ID:	4875

Comment

Wow, two MSV's? I'm envious. I don't have one.

Great figures and great photos!

I recently got a box from Jim (inntruder61) that included a 3rdsonsbooks repro of the white tiger jacket. I have a vintage one. The repro has a higher slit up the back
        that is sewn (I'm guessing to make it different than vintage.) It is darker than olive drab, but if you think it would work I will send it to you. I'm surprised that an Action
        Jackson vest fits a 1/6 figure.

Just carrying on an old Trenches tradition, passing the karma. Which Jim was doing for me, since I was only looking for a vintage left foot. It does have four pockets,
        but you could probably remove the lower two for a two pocket version. Just an idea, since you mentioned you would like a two pocket jacket.

Jim not only sent me that jacket, but a complete repro Joe figure, and some 40th uniform pieces. He was very generous to me.

And I like to "pass the karma" when I can. It's one of the things that has made my experience on The Trenches a great one. You don't see that on FB, as far as I can tell.
        It may be done through PM's.

Anyway, I really like your team! I hadn't thought of doing an all female team, but I don't have as many uniform choices as you do. Nor do I have any tailoring skills.
        I do okay at getting a button back on a shirt...LOL

Daryl

Comment

Thanks for the offer, Daryl, but I have a third son repro jacket in the junk bin as well as a vintage white tiger jacket in the junk bin. I just hate to mess with them. The Action Jackson vest is not from an original action jackson, but from the repro that was done maybe around Y2K. It was a short-lived Action Jackson line, though. Didn't look much like the original, either. The boots fit jane, and so does the vest. The shirt only works if you make it short sleeved, because Jane's hands are pretty big. I put the Action Jackson hands on an Olympic Barbie for my daughter back in the day. Before GI Jane was on the market. I will add a pic below...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_114226789~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	4879
          Last edited by ATC; 02-13-2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I have two vintage jackets, so I have no need for the 3rdsonsbooks version. Let me know if you change your mind. Cotswold used to have a repro
            dickey for the Green Beret, but don't anymore. I got one from 3rd sons, but I'm on the fence as to whether I will use it or not. It's not what I expected. It's the last
            item I needed to finish my Green Beret figure. The originals sell for about what I gave for the figure.

I seem to remember seeing posts about the repro Action Jackson's. Yeah, they looked different from the original, which I think is why I wasn't interested in them.
            I have about three AJ's in my current collection. I was lucky to get a couple of outfits in the package for fairly cheap at one point, and I didn't mind opening them
            because the packaging was really beat up.

I'm curious about the headphones in the photo. Can you tell me where I can find some? I have only one set for my AT HQ, a couple of those would be nice.

Daryl

Comment

I have no idea what the provenance of the of the headphones is. They came from a kentuckyana toy show "buck box.".?

Comment

Cool Team ATC!

Comment

Working...
                X