• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSV Construction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSV Construction

Has anybody pulled apart a mobile support vehicle? It looks like the clamshell halves of the rear section are held together with push on nuts. Are they glued together as well?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210310_171136678~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	5001
    - ATC

I'll wager, no glue. Too expensive.

Comment

As soon as I get a chance I'll pry them off, and see. Probably next weekend. I'll report back.

Comment

I got distracted. Received some Ebay tonka wheels. Decided to make another 6x6 MSV. Now that I converted one of 'em the old-school 8-tiny-wheeled MSV just looks silly. And I noticed that the original 8-wheeled version "bottoms out" when pushing it around on the gravel in the driveway and even in the grass. The 8-wheeled MSV must have been for highway use only. Need to run to the hardware store for some steel rod to cut for my three axles, then will convert my other MSV to its new off-road 6x6 version. I'll post pics when I'm done with it. :-)
        - ATC

Comment

Bottom plate made. Axles cut. EUREKA!!! AN IDEA! Back to the drawing boards for a major modification. Will post pics when it's done...

Comment

Looking forward to seeing your restored vehicle ATC. I need to get back to some of my projects one of these days.

Comment

Working...
            X