• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is how I spent my weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is how I spent my weekend

My wife wants to change out the flooring in our office. The majority of my collection happens to be in said office, and everything has to leave, so this is what I was doing all weekend.

This box is all vintage, and red top Adventure's of GiJoe boxes, are my 1969 Adventurer, 1969 Negro tagged Adventurer, and my 1969 Aquanaut. You'll also see my Italian issue Bavarelli Captain Action in there as well.

Here's some of my boxed GiJoes going night night...

Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Custom Shirts

I really like the Henshin Cyborg and Takara stuff I have but it may need to be cut back...

Now it's Shogun time... My Godzilla doesn't have a box so he's already taking a dirt nap in a box with other stuff.

Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Custom Shirts

Comment

So you had to move them... to the bedroom?
      Wow!
      If so, your wife's a SAINT!!!
      And you'd have the coolest bedroom EVER!
      Like a middle school kid with an adult's budget!
      ;-)
      - ATC

Comment

How tall are the Alien figures? I saw a new one at Target yesterday, but it was about 9" or so.

Comment

Originally posted by ATC View Post
          So you had to move them... to the bedroom?
          Wow!
          If so, your wife's a SAINT!!!
          And you'd have the coolest bedroom EVER!
          Like a middle school kid with an adult's budget!
          ;-)
          - ATC
          Only my loose Silver Streak and my boxed one went to the bedroom. Everything else is sort of scattered in boxes in different places.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Custom Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post
            How tall are the Alien figures? I saw a new one at Target yesterday, but it was about 9" or so.
            These are my favorites. The vintage Kenner Alien is 18" tall. Gentle Giant made a 24" reproduction of it, and you can buy 18" reproductions and newer styled ones as well. These are all vintage in my pictures above.

The head under the dome glows in the dark, the mouth opens and closes and the teeth extend, what kid wouldn't have wanted one of these in 1979?
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Custom Shirts

Comment

Impressive collection. Very jealous of the Shogun Warriors and the Alien and the box Joe..........well, everything in you pics!
              The Joe Collecting "Geek".
              Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
              www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
              Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
              www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
              Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
              www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
              Want to see my new art? Check out:
              www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

I'm still working on bringing stuff back in... I'm going to have to limit what's on display.

Here's a few shots of what has made the cut so far. I really had too much Joe stuff on display before, it was just all on top of each other. All of the vintage coffin boxes I have are behind these figures and most have a Joe in them now. My AT stuff just isn't fitting real well yet and may open up another shelf for more of those. Vehicles and boxed stuff really doesn't have a home yet.

Captain Action isn't pictured here, but it's all mostly out and spread across multiple shelves.

Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Custom Shirts

Comment

Here's a couple of Captain Action shots... I have two Silver Streaks(one loose and one boxed) that aren't pictured.

As you can see, my Spiderman, Green Hornet, Batman, Robin and my other Dr. Evil lab set are still in their white boxes in these pictures. I may pull them out later but keeping them dust free is nice...

Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Custom Shirts

Comment

Working...
                  X