• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Season is Coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Season is Coming!

I dunno about JoeHeads in general, but my Joe time is seasonal. I'm pretty busy through Spring, Summer, and Fall -- Winter is when I have the bandwidth for Joe stuff. Now that the weather is turning cooler, I can focus on outside jobs I need to take care of before snow flies. Once it's cold out and every day is bleak, grey, and freezing rain is falling, it's time to head to my Joe Room in the basement and work on stuff. I have finishing touches to put on my Stuart interior, and an old retro rocket ship design I never built. Maybe this Winter I'll get around to 'em, if I don't get sidetracked by OTHER hobbies. I am slowly assembling a home forge, just for fun... after binge-watching "Forged in Fire" on TV. ("Eeet weel keel- yeesh, that guy's incredibly annoying; they should've canned THAT maroon after the first episode). I gave up on my MSV with six Tonka wheels, because I already have one modded that way and figured I'd leave one original beside it, just for contrast. I have an old website, too, that hasn't been expanded or worked on in years (http://www.gijoe.50megs.com/). Maybe I'll see if that's still there and make sure the links all work. I haven't done any Joe Wargames in years (rule set on my site)... maybe I'll use the open space in the battle field to actually spread out and PLAY with my Joes this Winter. Yep, there may be some JoeHead stuff on the horizon as we get closer to the holidays! First grandson is due in December, so the next generation of JoeHead is on the way!
    - ATC

sounds like a good season ahead! i dont have any more room for joe stuff so i am relegated to minor changes in display arrangement but my faves are on display in my man room.

Comment

Sounds like you will be pretty busy this season. Me, I'm now addicted to the 6" Classified Series. At first, I didn't like them, but since I have ACTUALLY found some, I like them now. I bought a bunch over the weekend at Wizard World Chicago Comicon(I had a booth in Artist Alley for the first time. It was alot of fun. Meant to post about it here before the show, but was busy getting ready for it). As far as vintage 12", haven't done much with that for a while. Same with vintage 3 3/4" Joes. There's just not enough time in the day.
      The Joe Collecting "Geek".
      Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
      www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
      Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
      www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
      www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my new art? Check out:
      www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Working...
      X