• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R/C Jeep!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATC
    started a topic R/C Jeep!!!

R/C Jeep!!!

Holy cow! I just found out about this really cool radio controlled Jeep for GI Joe! I'm probably the last person on the planet to learn about it, as usual. But it's pretty phenomenally awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211102-135922~3.png
Views:	1
Size:	702.6 KB
ID:	5353

Video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Us4ZcrETy64

It's on Amazon for $365.
    https://www.amazon.com/RocHobby-Cont.../dp/B08BL94MGL

Guess what I'm getting for Christmas?
    :-)
    ATC
    Last edited by ATC; 11-02-2021, 07:02 PM.

• ATC
    replied
    If I could've waited 'till Xmas it could have been like 1967 all over again!

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    That is a great paint job ATC! After you first posted about this jeep, I was looking on youtube about it. One of the videos the reviewer mentioned painting the engine.
    It looks great.
    I also was looking online for prices, one ended up a site from a China seller, and on that site they were selling an aluminum grill and front bumper for it. I can understand
    that the engine plate is part of the structural integrity of it.
    I'm glad to hear you are having fun with it!

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Had the jeep out over the weekend again, conquering all sorts of fun obstacles.
    I'm surprised at the capability of this little 4x4 jeep!
    What a blast!
    I haven't had this much fun with GI Joes since I was eight!
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    I loaded the back end of the Willys with rifles, ammo, flare pistol, maps and case, binoculars, radio, two sleeping bags, two ponchos, and a tent.
    These two Joes are ready for action!

Here's the "engine.' It looks pretty blah.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211106_172854590~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	5403
    So I painted it:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211113_220516985~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	5400 What I didn't realize is that this fake engine part is actually structurally important to the model! It holds the fenders and grill straight.

Here's what it looks like without the fake engine plate:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211113_093634951~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.6 KB ID:	5401

There are EIGHT little screws holding it in from different angles (4 on top, 2 behind headlights, and 2 up underneath)!
    Without this piece in there, the front end is all floppy. Who knew?

- ATC

Last edited by ATC; 11-16-2021, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Great vids! Thanks for making those, the jeep looks great towing the trailer and the gun. I noticed you've added some tie downs.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Here's a video pulling the trailer.
    https://rumble.com/vp56tx-atcs-mb-towing-trailer.html

Here's a video pulling the anti tank gun.
    https://rumble.com/vp56qb-atcs-mb-to...mm-at-gun.html

Here's the Jeep negotiating a shell crater:
    https://rumble.com/vp55dy-atcs-mb-an...ll-crater.html

Last edited by ATC; 11-13-2021, 02:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Nope, but I can take a couple of videos. Might take me a day or two to find the time, though.
    -ATC

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Nice vids. Do you have any with it pulling the trailer or the cannon?
    Last edited by TNshooter; 11-12-2021, 01:36 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    I put up two more short videos.

Here's one of the jeep crossing the hard, dry mud behind the house::
    https://rumble.com/vp1xyn-atcs-mb-an...mud-flats.html

Here's one of the jeep conquering the Hill of Doom:
    https://rumble.com/vp1xrr-hill-of-doom.html

Fun!
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    I just visited your site, the jeep looks great with the top, and I like the way the cannon looks with it!

You mentioned you didn't know what the ESC was? It stands for electronic speed control. It controls the speed as you pull the trigger on the controller,
    basically increasing the spin on the motor by increasing the power. It changes the polarity on the motor for traveling in reverse.

Great review and description of the parts.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    UPDATE: I had an airdrop of essential supplies! Actually, it was a FedEx truck. Got my batteries, charger, AND trailer! Woo-hoo! I had it out today, playing with the Willys in a variety of terrains. No, Scott, no mud. :-P Well, not WET mud, anyway. There's a patch out back where the mud and dirt has dried and made a pretty solid battlefield-lookin' spot of dirt. I tried it around those, in short grass, tall grass, and up a dirt pile in the back yard. It handled all of them with aplomb. I won't post a bunch of videos, because youtube is already FULL of people abusing these (tumbling them off obstacles, fording puddles and ditches, etc). This was SOOOOooo expensive on my limited retiree budget, that I'm not going to abuse mine at all. My videos would be boring in comparison.

I *DID* update the web page, though, with trailer stuff and some other odds and ends. I even linked a 10-second (tame) video to my page.

This Willys jeep is SERIOUSLY cool! If you're a military Joe fan, I think it's a must-have. If your interest is limited to Adventure Team, then it might give you pause, because nobody wants to drop THAT much money, only to have to spray paint it all yellow! :-)

- ATC

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Funny. I got mine on Amazon. Not the cheapest price, but I felt better dealing with them than with some goofy Chinese company I'd never heard of. I ditched Facebook over two years ago when they started their political censorship and partisan shenanigans. I never missed it. Perhaps I am a curmudgeon, but if people use Facebook for *anything* and get screwed, then they should have seen it coming! ;-)
    - ATC
    Last edited by ATC; 11-08-2021, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GI Defender
    replied
    $5 says you take it thru the mud. Glad you found one and are enjoying it. There was a while there when they were showing up on face book (click bait) for like $50 or less. But for the folks that bought them ended up with anything from a matchbox jeep to a 3 3/4 inch version.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    If I posted all that on the form it would have been an incredibly long post. Made more sense to stick it on my website. ;-)
    ATC

Gee, I just noticed that some of the links on my pages that take the user back to my homepage don't work! Instead, they point to GI Joe.adventure team.com. That WAS my old URL for several years. I'll have to get in there and fix those links!
    Last edited by ATC; 11-07-2021, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X