• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI Joe & Barbie Nativity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI Joe & Barbie Nativity

I shared this in the Trenches Facebook group and thought I'd share here for those not on Facebook.

Back in March of this year, Trenches member Fritz Grondy purchased a dozen muscle-body AT Joes dressed as Jesus and his disciples. I asked him if he would be interested in selling the outfits. I mentioned that, when I was a child in the 1970's, my older sister Janet made a Nativity Scene with her Ken & Barbie dolls and she used my two Adventure Team Joes and My Captain Action as the Wise Men. I wanted to use the outfits to re-create that scene. I traded him some AT body parts for the outfits plus the "Jesus" head.

Well, here is my mostly-vintage Joe Nativity. The purple Wise Man is the collector's club black Talking Commander. Joseph is the vintage Jesus head mounted on an Elite Brigade body. Mary is my daughter's Barbie from 20 years ago, so she's kinda vintage. All other figures are vintage AT Joes. All the clothes are the disciple outfits; even Mary's outfit is a modified disciple robe. My sister was happy to help out once again, as well as my wife Teresa. Janet made the turbans for the green and blue Wise Men and altered the Mary robe; Teresa made the crown for the purple Wise Man and the sandals for them.

The undersized animals and the baby Jesus are the original ones from our 1970's Nativity. Glad I could incorporate some original pieces in the scene. Fritz, if you are able, maybe you could share these pictures with the lady you bought the outfits from to show here they live on.

Three Wise Men Shepherd Holy Family

That's awesome, Shermanator! Well done! HUZZAH!!!
    - ATC

Comment

Very cool. The Joes fit the roles very naturally.

Comment

Working...
      X