• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Grail" Orange Jumpsuit - Japan or Hong Kong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Grail" Orange Jumpsuit - Japan or Hong Kong

My first GI Joe had a beautifully made orange jumpsuit with the gusseted back, straight cuffs and no waist tabs or elastic. I have two a bit like that now, but both have thinner fabric than I recall and one is oddly oversized. (Looks decent on a MB with the sleeves rolled up the forearm.) The second one has worn elastic at the waist, thin fabric and is faded - but fits well. Both are Japan. The original one I had (and lost) had thicker fabric and a really tailored fit on 1964 body; would that have been a Hong Kong, another Japan with different cloth, or is it impossible to say?

I ask because I want to buy another one like the one I had on that first Joe, and so far I have ended up with a variety with thin fabric, odd fits or no gussets. Any buying guidance when trolling ads?
    Last edited by RX-79G; 01-11-2022, 07:40 PM.

Try Joezeta's auction on Wednesday nights at Spidee's Toys (on Facebook). Joe will possibly have one for sale, or can tell you what you're looking for. His prices are fair too at the auction.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1043236515754026

Comment

Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post
      Try Joezeta's auction on Wednesday nights at Spidee's Toys (on Facebook). Joe will possibly have one for sale, or can tell you what you're looking for. His prices are fair too at the auction.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1043236515754026
      Thanks for the lead, Miles. But what am I asking for? Just give him the full description? What is "reasonable" for a vintage jumpsuit these days? There's a number on ebay as well.

Comment

Ask for a vintage orange jumpsuit. Say whether you want with tabs or without. The era would also be helpful, 1970s or 1964, or whatever year you think it comes from. He's an expert, and should know from your description whether he has or had one in stock.

Comment

Or you can post a message on the Facebook page for the Trenches asking about it. Lots of knowledgeable folks are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post
            Ask for a vintage orange jumpsuit. Say whether you want with tabs or without. The era would also be helpful, 1970s or 1964, or whatever year you think it comes from. He's an expert, and should know from your description whether he has or had one in stock.
            Spidee does not appear to be a member of his group, so I posted a question about how to get ahold of him. Thanks for the leads.

Comment

The guy you want is Joezeta. He streams at Spidees FB page on Wednesday nights

Comment

Working...
              X