• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muscle body rebuilds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle body rebuilds

I'm working on my first Muscle body rebuild. I am stuck at re-riveting the arms. I think there must be a rivet press which can do this, but don't know where to look. Does anyone have a great tool they like for these elbow rivets? Any help would be very much appreciated.

I too would like an easy way to press semi-tubular rivets. I have a reproduction Stony Smith figure from Marxman that I need to put together, and knee joints on vintage Joes I would like to tighten.

Comment

I watch a channel on YouTube called "TRG Restoration". He restores Tonka vehicles and uses a rivet rolling tool that looks like a "C" clamp. I have sent him an email asking where to purchase the tool. Hope he will respond. He lists a lot of the tools he uses in his restoration videos but I didn't see this listed among them.

Comment

I searched the TRG Restoration videos and found one where he first uses the tool. It's called a Pintonka Rivet Tool. Here is the URL of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEc_ROqFCw

Comment

So is this tool one you have used to rivet Musclebodies? This really looks promising, but on the Facebook Trenches, a guy named George Dunham recommended I try Hanson rivet which are much more expensive than this one.
          Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 04-13-2022, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post
            So is this tool one you have used to rivet Musclebodies? This really looks promising, but on the Facebook Trenches, a guy named George Dunham recommended I try Hanson rivet which are much more expensive than this one.
            I have not tried this Pintonka tool, I've only seen it used on the TRG Restoration videos.

Comment

I messaged Kenny George McGregor last night. He uses a nail. That's all. I'm going to try this too.
              Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 04-13-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I hope you post photos of the repair, I'm curious on how to install new rivets.

Comment

Working...
                X