• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI Jane Astronaut Kitbash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI Jane Astronaut Kitbash

The Dollar Tree sells a fashion doll with a series of outfits and accessories. One of those outfits happens to be an astronaut uniform:

I had a GI Jane Vietnam Nurse figure I got with just her basic uniform, so I thought I might be able to use parts from this outfit to transform her into an astronaut. The shoes and gloves are useless so I tossed them. Here is Jane in the basic suit:

To add a bit more "bulk" to the suit legs, I found a pair of black spandex pants that I think came on a 12 inch Real American Hero Joe (don't know which), so I put those on Jane. I found a pair of silver space gloves I had that were made by our very own Bev "The Glove Lady" Wobig over 20 years ago. I put those on Jane as well, then reinserted her into the suit. I had to cut some deep "U" channels into the sides of the helmet collar in order to get it to sit closer to her shoulders. Finally, I cut a section from one of those two-part 60 millimeter clear plastic spheres found at craft stores to fit over the front of the helmet (it doesn't come with a visor). I looked in my spare parts box for a pair of boots and found these gray ones that originally came on a 12-inch Hasbro Star Wars "Luke Skywalker in Bespin fatigues" figure.

Overall I'm pleased with how it has turned out. I'd like to find an appropriate life support backpack to put on her. I couldn't find one in my spare parts box, so I may have to scratchbuild something.

Steve

I think she looks great Steve. I'm interested in seeing what you do for the backpack.

Daryl

Comment

Take a look at Zhukov's Attic first. You never know what goodies you'll find there! https://zhukovsattic.com/

Comment

Working...
      X