• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kentucky Show Flier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATC View Post
    So... have we got a Trenches Roll Call of who's going?
    Scott will be there for sure.
    Myles Falworth says he's coming.
    I'll be there.
    Anybody else from the Trenches???
    Dr Quest?
    - ATC
    My wife isn't up for going, maybe I'll see if my oldest son would consider the drive.
    Last edited by drquest; 07-10-2023, 02:23 AM.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Custom Shirts

Comment

Yay!
      The more the merrier!
      - ATC

Comment

So what kind of stuff are YOU looking to score at the Kentucky Joe event?

I think I'll try to keep my eye out for Italian jackets, helmets, and carcano rifles to finish building my Bersaglieri squad.
        - ATC

Comment

Well the days are getting shorter as the Kentuckiana show draws closer. I can hardly wait to make the drive, listening to classic rock all the way down, and then going to the Friday night preview and hopefully doing some sales in my room later on that evening. I'm bringing an ATHQ, a late issue AT Helicopter and a bunch of Joes for sale. Looking forward to the entire thing.

Comment

I'm looking for a repro box for my Talking Action Marine, and also a vintage Talking Action Sailor if a nice one is available. Other than that, I'll like to find some more cloth covered helmets with the Mitchell leaf pattern from Vietnam

Comment

I wonder how we're supposed to find out about room sales stuff? Maybe you have to be "in the know."
              -ATC

Comment

I'll have a room sale Friday night after the preview. I'll be at the show with a dark blue polo shirt, faded jeans and blinding white sneakers. Other than that I look like everyone else. Gray hair, glasses and in my mid 50's. I'll try to post my room # here when I check in.

Comment

I'll be wearing my AT Commander hat. AT logo with scrambled eggs on the visor. That might not be a good indicator, though, because I suspect lots of people have one just like it... ;+)
                  ATC

Comment

I'm looking all over the place and can't see anybody with blinding white sneakers...
                    ;-)
                    ATC

Comment

I'm in room 312. I'll be selling PH and AT Joe's, an AT helo and an AT HQ sometime after the show.

Comment

Me an my sneakers are waiting at the convention to get inside

Comment

Open for business in roon 312 now. I'll wait until 9 and close up if nobody shows

Comment

Nobody showed. So these things will be sold on Ebay.

Comment

Ugh!
                              I'm just now reading this!
                              There needs to be a better way for everybody to list the room they're in for room trading stuff. Maybe a bulletin board in the lobby or something? No

It was great to meet you, John, as well as meeting up with other friends (old and new)!

There wasn't anything I really wanted or needed, but I managed to come home with two bags full of stuff! Stuff I didn't know I *needed* it until I saw it!

There were tons vintage and 3 3/4" mini Joe stuff, but I didn't see a lot of masterpiece edition, timeless collection, or 40th stuff this time.

I left around noon (checkout time). After the pre-show the night before and the early admission, my wallet had endured all the damage it could sustain so I figured I'd get an early start home. ;-)

- ATC

Comment

I picked up a Talking Action Sailor from Scott Wild, and turned in a silver Talking unit for a Troubleshooter for him to work on. I got a nice Action Sailor Uniform and an equally nice Action Soldier uniform. I also got one of the tan latex wetsuits from, the wetsuit man, a pair of tall black boots for the sailor, and finally two modern Mitchell leaf pattern helmets for my Classic Collection Vietnam Joes.

It was very nice meeting you Dave. I only know 4 or 5 Trenchers by sight. Really happy we connected.

Comment

Working...
                                X