• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last of the Trunk Joes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last of the Trunk Joes.

So, Ricky Puckett has been a fixture at many of the shows I frequent and it is always fun to go to his booth because he has a little bit of everything. Before the pandemic hit, he showed up with a footlocker full of vintage Joes. (Over-flowing is probably a better term) Granted. these were all played with and in most cases mix-matched uniforms and accessories. Here is the last of the 100% vintage figures he had from the trunk. I had Jack Hall be my eyes at Toy Lanta and he grabbed him up for me. I spent last evening cleaning him and restringing him. This is actually one of the nicer Joes I got from the trunk. The figure, Japan Tagged uniform, vintage parachute pack, and boots set me back $35. So I'm here to tell the folks who say they can't afford vintage, you are not trying hard enough.

May be an image of toy

There was still some trunk Joes left but they looked to be a mixture of Cotswold and/or Masterpiece/40th figures Also some cobbled vintage mixed in to get my attention. Still a bargain for the price. Ricky will be at the Kentucky show and I will be there buying more. If nothing else I will have a surplus of parts where I can maybe piece together a few more. That is if Dave doesn't beat me to them!
    - Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

I will have my track shoes on in Kentucky, Scott.
    I've got elbows and know how to USE 'em!
    Just sayin'...
    ;-)
    Yeah, the famous Ricky Puckett Trunk is a show highlight, for sure!
    - ATC

Comment

Well in the photo I got from Jack there looked to be 8-10 Joes. One was clearly a 40th but decked out in a vintage field jacket with a pack and had a tent. I will probably buy a few more of the beater Joes and see if I can cobble together a few nice ones. The fun of the hobby is bringing them back to their original glory.
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

$35?!?!?!? Now that is a deal. I would e all over that Joe for that price. I have never seen a parachute pack like that n person. Only pack I have ever had is the one that came with the Skydive to Danger set, which I am working on restoring. Got to get on my sister to sew the strapes for me. She has had them for what seems like forever. I also have a few other sets I'm worki ng on, but that is a whole new post.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Working...
        X