• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ToyMan Toy Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToyMan Toy Show

Attended the ToyMan show in St Louis today. Or should I say I went to the Funko Pop garage sale? (I referred to them as this generation's Beanie Babies)

Saw a couple of Classic Collection Joes and one AT figure. The AT guy was in a box of accessories that were all bagged up and priced out. I snagged an unbroken Hasbro Japan e-tool and a nice pair of tall browns for $15. Also found the stencils for the Gi Joe Electric Drawing Table for $3. He had $75 on the AT guy. It was tempting but I passed. The rest of the accessories were all pretty common stuff but there were a few parts that were dipped in gold. (If you know what I mean)

Saw some cool Billy Blastoff stuff I had not seen in years and also drooled over some red lines. But in the end, all I got was those three Joe items and a sealed Aurora Viking Ship model, and a Monogram Phantom of the Opera model. It was a fun morning, but now I am looking forward to the Kentucky show even more,

- Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Billy Blastoff? Now there's a blast from the past!
    I had one of those. There was a cool spaceship go-kart thing you'd clip Billy into, and the PTO under his pack would fit onto a shaft sticking up from the sled, and Billy's backpack would power the sled.
    Fun toy. Not designed for outside play, though, so poor Billy didn't last very long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bblastoff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	6040
    - ATC

Comment

Yup, the guy had a few, all complete sans the visor on his helmet. I showed them to Char and since I have a bunch of Matt Mason stuff she went into Mom Mode. "Do you really need more space toys?" LOL
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Ah... I was there at the show as well, not selling, just walking around. The guy with the Billy Blastoff stuff had quite a lot of neat Japan stuff, always seems to. I've had most of those in the past, but it was neat seeing them again.

I ended up not buying anything, but my boys picked up a few things.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Custom Shirts

Comment

Danny next time give me a heads up, we could do lunch or something.
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta

Comment

Working...
          X