• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60th Anniversary gi joe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60th Anniversary gi joe

Looks Like Hasbo is going all in for the 60th So far have seen nothing 12 inch re- pop but heard all lines will be represented including A-team hope this true.

From what I have seen they announced two "60th" figures in the 1/12 Classified line. This is not too surprising since it is their current focus. They announced a SCUBA diver that is a repaint of Torpedo and a generic soldier with changeable head and hands to make wither a Caucasian or AA fig. There are supposed to be 4 figures so no idea what the Marine or Pilot will be but I am guessing a updated Gung Ho and an Ace.
    - Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Originally posted by jerseygijoe View Post
      Looks Like Hasbo is going all in for the 60th So far have seen nothing 12 inch re- pop but heard all lines will be represented including A-team hope this true.
      Where are you hearing this?
      What's the point of doing a 60th line if it's not 12inch repro... :/

Sean

Comment

I've seen the Classified 60th figures. If i didn't know they were 60th anniversary figures, I would've thought they were G.I.Joe army builders. Hasbro dropped the ball with these figures. What they should've done was put a vintage 12" style head on each figure, with scar ad different hair and eye colors for each branch of service. And possibly a alternative head that's flocked. This way, they could have brought in the vintage 12" collectors. Instead, they made generic army builders. I'm still gonna get them though.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

I have to agree with you there Mike. From what I have seen these are being looked at as strictly army builders. I really do like the idea of a vintage style head on the classified body. Heck, maybe Raging Spoon will make one down the road since they did several 3 3/4 vintage styled heads that fit Marauder bodies.

I really did not expect much for the 60th. I mean, we didn't get anything for the 50th, why put forth the effort? How the mighty have fallen.
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta
          See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

I agree. The 50th came and went with a wimper. And if all we are getting is Classified army builders with 60th packaging(maybe, don't quote me on this), then the 60th anniversary will come and go with the blink of an eye.
            I'm starting to hear about quality issues with the newest Classified figures. I haven't opened any of mine yet, but I have seen reports of the newest Firefly figure has extremely loose joints and the hole on the back of the Vypra figure where the back pack goes in is too small.
            But, again, I'm in too deep with the Classified figures, so I will keep buying until the price gets too high.
            The Joe Collecting "Geek".
            Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
            www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
            Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
            www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
            Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
            www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
            Want to see my new art? Check out:
            www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Well I only have 6 of the classified guys because I thought they were cool. Snow Job and Snow Serpent are both must haves. But I really do not have much brand loyalty to these guys. Had the 60th had a more vintage style or look, I would have gladly dropped the cash.
              - Scott
              PH and Proud
              Bulletmann - Hyatta

Comment

Working...
              X