• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early present to myself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early present to myself

So, as winter sets in, I find myself spending a little more time on line. Having strayed from Joe for a bit to rekindle my model building and 3D printing, I decided to "see what was out there" Joe wise. During my search I stumbled across a lot of negative comments about a british ebay dealer. While I was reading the comments I saw a link to a shop in the UK that someone had posted. (Not affiliated with the bad guy, but just how I found the link.) So I went there and was surprised at the low prices on vintage action man. There was some stuff that was pricey sure but for the most part, prices are down right nuts. I picked up a first issue, painted hair, hard hand talking commander for 58 pounds delivered. (bout $75) Got the figure and he exceeded my expectation. Blonde hard head talker says all commands but needed a little tweaking (voice a little slow and needed restringing) so I shipped him to Scott Wilde for a tune up. Early talker has a different talk box than my talking SAS Commander I got in 85. One of those ones I never knew was out there. Already have his outfit ready for when he returns. Pretty excited to add him to my collection.

Here is the site I got it from, you may want to bookmark it and check back from time to time and see what they have. They had several figs when I ordered mine, which now looks to be out of stock.

https://www.retrogradetoysandcollectibles.co.uk/
    - Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Nice tip Scott, thanks!
    Years ago, I stumbled across a UK dealer that had a bunch of vintage NIB action man stuff dirt cheap, and I bought a couple of small items just to see if those low prices were for real. I figured it was a scam didn't want to spend more money than I was willing to throw away. All the stuff arrived, I'm shocked! It was legit! I contacted them again immediately to order a boatload of stuff... by then they were all sold out of everything. Go figure. Just my luck.

Sometimes you just need to take a chance on a good deal, and hope it really is! Glad this one checked out!
    - ATC

Comment

Remember Keith justice? He was my go-to source for bits and pieces for various kitbash projects.

I Googled "Keith justice justicefighters" and got to his Facebook page:
      https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100031554922876

Since I don't do facebook, I clicked on his justicefighters.com hot link on his Facebook page, but the link took me to this page instead:
      https://zhukovsattic.com/

Weird. I guess Keith's old web page is gone and his old business is now under the name of "Zhukov's Attic."

Who knew?
      ATC

Comment

Yeah, funny thing, the link I sent, there is a complete AM Capture Copter for just over $30. Shocked it has not sold yet. If I didn't have a complete Joe one already I would jump on it.
        - Scott
        PH and Proud
        Bulletmann - Hyatta
        See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Getting new stuff is always fun! Enjoy!
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Custom Shirts

Comment

I will check this site out. Thanks for sharing. Also, nice score!!
            The Joe Collecting "Geek".
            Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
            www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
            Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
            www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
            Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
            www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
            Want to see my new art? Check out:
            www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

I've bought from Zhukov's attic many many times. Great value and lots of stuff you never see.

Comment

I just ordered the Capture Copter. Thanks Scott!

Comment

Oh man! You bum! You beat me to it! You crumb!
                  (Kidding. I saw it and was shocked at the price, too. But I'm knee-deep in copters already!)
                  Hope it is as awesome in person as it is in pics!
                  We'll expect an After Action Report when it arrives!
                  :-)
                  - ATC

Comment

There will definitely be photos, and a short story. My first Action Man vehicle and only my second ever Action Man purchase. The first was a 40th AM Space suit set. Very very nice. Now I need an actual Action Man figure!

Comment

I have a couple of AM figs but didn't have a PH version until a few years ago. Got a near complete AM Green Beret only missing the silver star. (Have a repro one on him for now) This is my first talking AM PH, and it looks exactly like a hard head version of Joe. It is cool to hear the british accent.

I have a muscle body talker from when I was stationed in the UK in the 80's, it is one of my favorite figs. The PH has a different talk box, but both are military which is kinda cool. Got a couple of Eagle Eye guys too. The ones I picked up in the UK are the senior members of my collection. Here is a pic of me in my dorm room as a lowly E-3 in the early 80's. You can see the AM on top of my wall lockers

- Scott
                      PH and Proud
                      Bulletmann - Hyatta

Comment

I've never been lucky enough to visit the UK. Several Navy officers I knew got to do exchange tours with the Royal Navy. One of them went shooting with my unit, and he and I had the highest rifle scores. He was nice enough to stop by my office to congratulate me. He had a very British sounding name. LT Tristan-Ratay
                        Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-25-2023, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GI Defender View Post
                          ...Here is a pic of me in my dorm room as a lowly E-3 in the early 80's. You can see the AM on top of my wall lockers

No pic!
                          - ATC

Comment

the owner of the shop just joined the facebook Trenches. Says the copter is headed to the post office as we speak.
                            - Scott
                            PH and Proud
                            Bulletmann - Hyatta

Comment

Capture Copter landed at my HQ today. Very fast service! Pics to follow in one of my threads

Comment

Working...
                              X