• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spares

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spares

Recently Bev sold off some of her collection of nude figures and I was fortunate to grab up some. As I cleaned them up and restrung some of them I decided to get a storage tub for my extras. I have had them stuffed in three different cardboard boxes and it was increasingly difficult to remember which one contained what figure. So today, $10 well spent I was able to put them in a see thru tote. Don't know why I had not done this before today. I was also able to store some extra parts and uniform bits as well.

Stacking them like fire wood. Which was something I used to tease collectors about, and now I am doing it. . . . The majority of these are auction rescues and repaired figures that I have been accumulating. It is funny as I look at them in the tote, it appears I have a fondness for the red heads. My first Joe was a red, and the majority I have in my collection are reds, and ten of the 25 I have here are reds as well.

Not sure what I am going to do with these but it is nice to have them at my disposal.

- Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

What nice figures. Do you clean and retouch them all before storage--I see they're numbered?

I have a big tote of sorted accessories and one of bodies and sorted parts. But, they're all a mix of HOF/AM/CC/40th.

Comment

I clean all of them and restring the loose ones. I touch up the eye brows if they need it but that is about it.

I didn't number them, that is how they came. The person I bought them from had the lots numbered. That is a combination of several years of picking up loose nude Joes. I used to have several footlockers of gear but now I am down to two complete loose out fits and one of those is AT.
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Working...
      X