• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke em if ya got em

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke em if ya got em

Hello,

i recently got some items off eBay that have a pretty strong smoke odor. Any tips for getting the smell out of figures, uniforms, and coffin boxes? Thanks in advance!

seal them in a plastic tub with either some activated charcoal or coffee grounds...unused of course...is how I did mine...Ive heard you can put them in a very cold place, like a freezer...Depending on what it is....A couple of ideas anyway...

Matt

Comment

Some good tips @ Vintagefan70, some of my Joe 40th anniversary coffin boxes smell of chocolate, which is quite nice.
      Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

I've heard you can toss a dryer sheet in also to help absorb some of the odor...

Comment

Thanks guys! How long did you leave the items in the bin with the charcoal/chocolate/coffee? Also, any concern about the charcoal or chocolate staining the items they are deodorizing?

Comment

Originally posted by KCE83 View Post
            Thanks guys! How long did you leave the items in the bin with the charcoal/chocolate/coffee? Also, any concern about the charcoal or chocolate staining the items they are deodorizing?

I did the charcoal thing for a good week...I didn't have any problems with the charcoal or the loose coffee....Have never tried chocolate...

Comment

I've heard good things about using a paper towel with Febreeze on it in there.

Likewise if you just leave it outside for a few hours a nice cool day, it usually works.
              Join the adventure! http://www.adventureteamheadquarters.com

Comment

Working...
              X