• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banned our first member tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned our first member tonight

All,

I banned one of the new members this evening when he/she posted two links in separate posts, one to an Infinity War movie download and the other to a link to watch the Predators hockey game tonight. Since these posts were both off topic they most likely would have been deleted anyway, but since they contained links that could potentially unleash a possible virus' . . . well, we are not going to take the chance. Since the last virus, as you know it cost us almost a year without the Trenches, ALL the data from the original Trenches, and a moderate amount of cash to secure this site with the latest security soft ware. The way I see it, if you want to watch the Preds game, it is on National TV. And call me crazy, but I strongly doubt there is a legal copy of Infinity War available to download at this time. Way too many indicators telling me to pull that plug.

The safety and security of our members is more important to us than the hobby itself. We are adults who collect toys. Like you, I want to have my own little place to sit and be safe among friends. A non toxic environment where you are not enamored with click bait and constant squabble. Definitely not a place where a new member makes their initial two posts completely off topic and containing links, while under the guise of an assumed screen name that has not a single vowel.

Thank You

- Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Well done. I was wondering what a strange posts they were.

Comment

Yeah I think they were bots or something anyway. Good job!
      Join the adventure! http://www.adventureteamheadquarters.com

Comment

Well done Scott, a job well done! I know how much time a effort it takes to build and maintain a site and protect its members. These folks who post such links are rarely interested in our hobby and have no care or regard for the sites community. Again, a huge well done mate!

Comment

Well done GI Defender.
          Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Thanks folks, not happy I had to do it for sure, but felt I needed to. Also, this was no Bot, Charlotte has it set up that you have to request permission to join as you all know. There are added security features that prevent bots from just coming in. This was most assuredly a person with a possible agenda (maybe? Who will ever know?). But one thing was for certain, they were not here to discuss GI Joe.
            - Scott
            PH and Proud
            Bulletmann - Hyatta
            See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Comment

Had a feeling those posts weren't legit. I saw the ban hammer coming. Thanks for keeping us all safe.
                The Joe Collecting "Geek".
                Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
                www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
                Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
                www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
                Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
                www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
                Want to see my new art? Check out:
                www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Yeah thanks Scott! Nobody wants a Spammer hacker virus spreading punk in here!

Comment

Working...
                  X