• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race Bannon kitbash using 30th Anniversary HOF GI Joe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Bannon kitbash using 30th Anniversary HOF GI Joe

I decided my 30th Anniversary Action Sailor from 1994 might make a good "Race Bannon" kitbash figure from the Jonny Quest cartoon series. So I used some white acrylic craft paint I had to paint his original blonde hair. This paint can also be pretty easily removed if I decide to give him his old hair someday. I didn't have a red shirt (like the one Race Bannon wears on the cartoon)...so I improvised with this blue t-shirt and navy work pants. I also gave him the shoulder holster and label revolver as well as a Tommygun. I think he looks pretty cool, and it only took me about 20 minutes to paint and bash together. I later tried him with some navy camo pants (in three of photos)... so my take is - this is Race Bannon in "The Jonny Quest Great Sea Mystery Adventure!"

I made a Race Bannon with a Cotswold figure. My better half even made a "Race" type shirt for him

I plan on doing a couple more versions in the future.

Flocked Hair, Muscle Body, a real Joe head, another version of the shirt, with lighter material.

Comment

BRJoe,

An excellent custom figure! simple, but very effective, it's also a clean refreshing look, the blue outfit and white hair colour contrast is very nice.. I have a few of those 30th figures, they are of a very solid build and robust.

ActionYankee,

Nice Joe, those pants look very similar to French Resistance Fighter (SOTW) ones.
      Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

I did one of him and Dr quest years ago...

Comment

Working...
        X