• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbelievable Gijoe restoration video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable Gijoe restoration video

An Action man brought back from the brink by British youtube toy polloi.. he has many amazing videos on how to repair/restore action man figures and accessories.

Well done ressurection! Huzzah!

Comment

Very nice video. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

I subscribe to his channel. He's cool. A lot of awesome videos. Also check out analog toys on youtube for some more action man goodness.
        Last edited by GeekDragon; 06-08-2018, 11:01 PM.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Good find!

It's always nice to see an old toy restored back to glory, especially in a time when toys are struggling to win the hearts and minds of the younger ones, because of the onslaught of electronic gagets.
          Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Love his stuff. Sometimes I would do things differently but that's my choice. I think it's really important to learn from each other. He often repairs things I didn't know were possible. This repair I have done many times, I take for granted not everyone knows how. I watch some of his videos that have nothing to do with Action Man/GIJOE just too see his thought process. His use of Lego bits for repairs is genius! I had a friend tell me that if you told someone every repair you know you might ruin the fun of collecting for them. They don't get the fun of figuring
            it out. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Comment

True! LOL I tried all kinds of crazy and dangerous chemicals to remove flock. When you can do it with hot water(slow and tiresome) Bleach(can fade paint.)but cleans face of dirt. Alcohol is easiest. Take out after a few hours scape as Alcohol evaporates my get harder just pop back in a for a hour and finish. I tried experiment after experiment to find Hasbro didn't always use same glue formula ect. so too many variables for me to nail down. For me alcohol is the best.

Comment

Working...
                X