• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Issue Talking Action Man Commander Back on Duty Again..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Issue Talking Action Man Commander Back on Duty Again..

Back on duty again, I also repainted in new eyebrows with Citadel acrylic paint.. I kitted the figure out with a mix of original/vintage and reissued items as a "Basic Soldier", the SLR rifle weapon is an original/vintage item, including the boots, knitted rugged jersey and pants, the cap, belt/holster and scarf are AM 40th items. The figure is the one with the red arrow below it:

Last edited by amwic; 06-09-2018, 01:57 PM.
    Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Niiiiiiice! This is the shape about half my figures come in damaged dirty and a challenge to fix. Cleaned up very well! Amazing what hard work can do!

Comment

Thanks Neutron-X. It'll be nice to see some photos of your figures after being fixed up.

Comment

Funny I rarely used to take pics of this. Recently this has become part of the fun. Rather than just being concerned with the end results I am beginning to document the process and enjoy the journey. Right now I am working on a lot of 5 Big Jim figures I just picked up and they should be done this weekend. A friend wants some, so they are first. I have a lot of beater Joes that are very very rough. They are real time eaters. I hope to get to them soon. Many joints are broken and drilled out with wire and electrical tape used for repairs. Great for custom projects and repair experiments.
        IMG_0863 (2) by edtime5, on Flickr
        Last edited by Neutron-X; 06-14-2018, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Those Joes definitely look like they had a punishing life and played to death.. you have a very time consuming task on your hands in the future. I'm sure the bottom right Joe's split face can be fixed..There's a well respected Action Man restorer on another forum called Sparklebudgie, who specifically went out of his way to purchase really damaged Action Man figures to fix them up and save money, I think he dealt with a few cracked faces like your Joe? Through his dedication he managed some brilliant restorations and reflocks.. it was some while back now.. here's the forum where i think he used to post: http://www.actionmanhq.co.uk
          Last edited by amwic; 06-14-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amwic View Post
            Those Joes definitely look like they had a punishing life and played to death.. you have a very time consuming task on your hands in the future. I'm sure the bottom right Joe's split face can be fixed..There's a well respected Action Man restorer on another forum called Sparklebudgie, who specifically went out of his way to purchase really damaged Action Man figures to fix them up and save money, I think he dealt with a few cracked faces like your Joe? Through his dedication he managed some brilliant restorations and reflocks.. it was some while back now.. here's the forum where i think he used to post: http://www.actionmanhq.co.uk
            Thanks! for the link I will look up his stuff and see what he has come up with. The lot was a buy it now of $35, too cheap to pass up on the fun. I love minty pieces but have fun with beater figures too.

Comment

I love this stuff, I enjoy fixing up old Joes, I also like to document the process, mostly via YouTube Videos, just got this talking commander and got him talking loud and clear, I reflocked him last night, but this is how I got him

GI JOE Adventure Team by The Skull, on Flickr

New pics will be up later
              Visit my You Tube Channel to view my repair videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCutloOkBc0m6l_ePONmhYrw?view_as=subscriber

Comment

Here's the before

GI JOE Adventure Team by The Skull, on Flickr

After reflock

GIJOE talking commander by The Skull, on Flickr
                Visit my You Tube Channel to view my repair videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCutloOkBc0m6l_ePONmhYrw?view_as=subscriber

Comment

The Skull,

Sorry for the very late reply, I've been sort of out of action for a while now.. you've definitely done a good job on restoring that Joe's flock.. The jacket looks unique, kind of Green Beret style.

Comment

It's an Adventure Team (Talking) Commander, Clive. The jacket is patterned after the Green Beret's.

In fact, very first (1970) AT Commanders got a GB jacket, subsequently, the jackets were reduced to the two top pockets.

Comment

Hi Ian,

Aha, so that's what the jacket is, I should have remembered that one, Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                      X