• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for AT folks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for AT folks

I bought a Sea Adventurer at the Con. I just noticed, that he has blue eyes. Does anyone know if there were Sea Adventurers made with blue eyes? I've only seen brown so far. Any help from the experts here would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have three vintage Sea Adventurer heads, all have brown eyes. Yours might be an error, or more likely, a reflock.

Comment

Any way to tell if it's a reflock?

Comment

Comment

If you can post a photo. It is easier to look at it and tell than to speculate. Not discounting it is a factory error, but not leaning in that direction.

I would think by your description it is a reflock. Keep in mind, the numbers of land adventurers and talking commanders that sold vs the sea and air adventurers. (2-1)

I know I have done a considerable amount of reflocking and have accidentally flocked blue eyed figures red or blonde in the past. I correct them but it isn't easy. You have to wait for the glue to set, then re-strip it and reflock it. After a couple of found mistakes I am much more careful now.
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta
          See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Here are some headshots.

Comment

Judging by the apparent coarseness to the flock, and the general color, I'm inclined to say reflock, but would be happy to be corrected.

Comment

The beard mask seems a little off from the original flocking, so it might be a re-flock. But... Hasbro did flock over painted hair Joes very early into the AT production and I've seen some odd hair/air combinations. Try to check the scalp and see if there's painted hair under there.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Custom Shirts

Comment

If I saw it in a bin of Joes, I'd think "reflock."

Comment

Working...
                  X