• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is the best re-flocker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16

    I mostly used Elmers Glue All Max. It is really good and has the similar cure time as Gorilla Glue with a longer work time, it is a bit cheaper and a bit harder to find but is a good glue. It is what I used when I got the wrong flock I mentioned that ruined heads. The fine flock reacted to the glue and caused it to bubble up when it was curing.

    I now use two part epoxy. Gives plenty of work time and cures in 30 min. Both are strong and water proof. The epoxy has a longer shelf life when stored correctly. But is a little more work, but if you love what you are doing, it makes it worth while.
    - Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

    Comment

    • #17

      Originally posted by GI Defender View Post
      I mostly used Elmers Glue All Max. It is really good and has the similar cure time as Gorilla Glue with a longer work time, it is a bit cheaper and a bit harder to find but is a good glue. It is what I used when I got the wrong flock I mentioned that ruined heads. The fine flock reacted to the glue and caused it to bubble up when it was curing.

      I now use two part epoxy. Gives plenty of work time and cures in 30 min. Both are strong and water proof. The epoxy has a longer shelf life when stored correctly. But is a little more work, but if you love what you are doing, it makes it worth while.
      Thanks for the tips, question, I know we talked about flock it flocking, what flock do you use and where do you get it from?

      Comment

      • #18

        I bought my flock from Rays at Flock Concepts. I am very happy with it..

        Comment

        • #19

          Sorry, I can't say where I buy my flock. I made a promise to the person I buy from not to put the name out. Kind of a hairdresser only knows for sure thing.
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta
          See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

          Comment

          • #20

            Go to www.gijoe.50megs.com and scroll down to the miscellaneous section. The last link there is the flocking machine I made as a prototype for Scott's. Has the steps I used to construct it, sources, etc. It works great! the page didn't format quite the way I had planned so when I say the pic at right, it's really at the left. But you'll figure that out quickly enough!
            - ATC

            Comment

            • #21

              Originally posted by ATC View Post
              Go to www.gijoe.50megs.com and scroll down to the miscellaneous section. The last link there is the flocking machine I made as a prototype for Scott's. Has the steps I used to construct it, sources, etc. It works great! the page didn't format quite the way I had planned so when I say the pic at right, it's really at the left. But you'll figure that out quickly enough!
              - ATC
              Thanks for all the help fellas, thanks for the link, I found it an interesting read and very informative, looks like it works very well, thanks again.

              Comment

              • #22

                Wow Thanks guys have alot some I will send out Do you have to take flock off old heads before they get sent in?

                Comment

                • #23

                  Originally posted by jerseygijoe View Post
                  Wow Thanks guys have alot some I will send out Do you have to take flock off old heads before they get sent in?
                  For Flock Concepts, you do not need to strip the heads. Ray will do that, clean them, use a primer where the flock goes, flock them, send you pictures and mail them back to you. The only thing you need to do with any trimming you see necessary and touch up your brow paint as needed. Don't bother pre-painting brows or scars - Ray's cleaner will generally wash acrylic touch up paint off. Original paint won't be affected.

                  For 30 heads your unit price will be a dirt cheap $5.50 each with free shipping, and the quality first rate. Check his ordering information for details about color and hairlines.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X
                  Back to Top