• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI Joe Collector's Club Black and White edition Joes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine today.

First took some pics with him in front of colorful things to show the contrast. Pretty dern good, I say.

DSC_0282 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

DSC_0283 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

DSC_0284 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

DSC_0285 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

Compared to my Vintage Action Soldier.

DSC_0289 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

With a comparative actually black and white photo. Not too bad, I think.

Image1 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

In a Green Beret Uni.

DSC_0291 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

Image2 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

Face.

DSC_0293 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

Image3 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

Yea, I'll be doing some augmentation, but I planned too anyway. Gonna give him authentic Prototype "raccoon eyes", and lower/enlarge the pupil, and recolor the lips and scar.

Comment

I generally had no interest in the concept for this figure, but I made sure I got him, as he's the last club figure. But I gotta say, in hand, he's fun. I don't know if I want to use him as a ghost, a zombie or some kinda alien, but he's neat.

Hate the nosepickers, but always have, always will. Kill them with fire.

Still, a very neat figure that's unique and the B/W colors work surprisingly well. Much better in hand than I thought it would be.
      Join the adventure! http://www.adventureteamheadquarters.com

Comment

I think I'll vary how I use him.

"ghost," and "TV Edition."

Like the Universal Monsters Silver Screen Edition(s).

Comment

I like mine well enough, I added the soldier accessory to my membership figure. The eye paint on mine was a bit sloppy, and I was surprised by the light hair. The uniforms has a twill jacket but thin shirt and pants. I could see many customs uses for the gray uniform parts, I like the dark gray boots.

All in all, a decent figure once dressed and the box is nice. I can definitely see this offering used for sci-fi or occult customs.

Regarding the other service branches, I collect Navy Joes the most. But darn those wetsuits! I think a B&W Navy Attack would have looked great and I'd have bought one of those in a second.

Comment

Hip, thigh & pelvis issues. Mine won't stand, except very awkwardly. Right elbow rivet is so loose forearm won't stay up. I'm goiong to email them to see what is up. Anyone else have this problem? Figure is way to tightly strung also.

Click image for larger version  Name:	59_FD6_E51-9_AF4-4_D87-8721-1481306_E8_F3_A.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.4 KB ID:	617Click image for larger version  Name:	EA4_A7649-9511-4725-_A6_A7-_F9_D399_EA462_A.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	618 Problems with mine:

Click image for larger version  Name:	7_D968_D58-4_D7_D-4603-8841-_CDBB261045_FC.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	616
            Last edited by lookforjoe; 04-14-2018, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I told you guys over on UAMHQ, I'm pretty sure this is Hasbro sticking their fingers into everything. Up to 2016, the figures have not been like that. The last year for the Club. Then, an extension granted by Hasbro, and the onset of the 50th AM figures.

2017 and on, the figures have been like that, and so have the VAM50 figures. I think Hasblow took control of figure production over both parties. If you'll look at the forearms, you'll see that they're the same as a VAM50 figure too.

The only difference between these club figures is the head, hands, and butt. (And if a club figure has gripping hands, the VAM50 figures use those same hands too).

Comment

DSC_0305 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

How I've currently got my guy.

Comment

I received mine Tuesday. He definitely looks like a ghost or a dead body. I put him and the Dr. Isotope figures side by side- what a sci-fi combo! I will buy the add on equipment first, then decide if I want to buy any of the other figures.

Comment

Got mine in the mail the other day. Interesting concept. Not thrilled with the pricing of the uniform/box set, but ordered one anyway. Also not real thrilled with the user photos I've been seeing online of the set. In some ways I'll miss the Club. In many, many other way$, I won't.

Comment

The pelvic area looks quite narrow on the black and white Joes compared to vintage ones. No doubt they make good ghost and Zombie Joes.
                      Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Well, I just broke down and purchased the complete set, $352.63 delivered. It's their final offering so I just decided to bite the bullet.
                        Later,
                        --Mark
                        "Only GI Joe is GI Joe"

Comment

Did some pose-ablity tests with my guy, ran 'im through the motions.

DSC_0310 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

DSC_0311 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

DSC_0312 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

And a "before" picture for when I get around to doing some redecoration.

DSC_0315 by Ian Stoops, on Flickr

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7_CC4_ED33-_B4_CF-4490-_A733-6_FE074_B15274.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	681Click image for larger version

Name:	7_E387_B32-_AA41-4_BEE-9844-11_EE1725_F161.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	680Click image for larger version

Name:	95_CDF849-_CBB0-4462-_BC40-_E40_D991_EC671.jpg