• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI Joe Collector's Club Black and White edition Joes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't received my full set yet but my free club figure stands just fine in a normal pose. I'll definitely check the others out closely when they arrive tomorrow.
    Later,
    --Mark
    "Only GI Joe is GI Joe"

Comment

Perhaps some of us feel complaining is pointless considering that the Club is folding. In regards to recent club offerings, they've had good points and bad. I don't think Brian is in a position to improve quality as he did years ago with, for example, a reworked flocked head.

Comment

I received all of my figures today. I had the most trouble posing the marine and pilot. There is definitely something messed up a bit with these bodies. Not sure if they're strung too tight or the parts just aren't made correctly. It was difficult to get them into a pose and to stand on their own. I eventually got them all displayed but any minor movement and you're back to square one. It's amazing that they could produce better quality figures in the 60's and 70's than in 2018.

The frogman suit appears to be made of real rubber. I was assuming it would be neoprene or something similar. Hopefully it won't suffer the same fate as the originals.
        Later,
        --Mark
        "Only GI Joe is GI Joe"

Comment

The club is sending me two replacement figures, to replace the two I sent back to them. They say the ones they have on hand are much the same as the ones I returned to them. I'll just have to restring them properly once I get them.

Comment

I received mine today. He is strung a little tight, but he stands well.

I don't see the greenish tinge that some people talk about. He's plain ole grey.

Comment

I kinda like the gray. The outfitted sets look good. I don't like the construction.

The first step is to relax the elastic that they crimped way too short.

cut the stitching, pull the elastic back through the crimp to the end (they don't crimp them that tight. That puts the elastic at the proper 6" length.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FC09_DCFF-4_E9_D-4_F87-_BBA5-_B1_C1_A7478662.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	835

remove and straighten the buggered thigh pins caused by the excessive tight string job

Click image for larger version  Name:	3_CE41_F21-6_B3_E-4381-_B272-6_F7_FCC304_AF4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	107.0 KB ID:	836

heat and spread the thigh /hip opening for a better fit over the hip ball

Click image for larger version  Name:	201_C5_E1_B-1_B17-4_B2_A-_A70_D-33_B6_A887_B8_B3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	837

original - expanded

Click image for larger version  Name:	2_A86_F70_D-3448-476_C-9_B54-02_A1_C4_B70_DC3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	838

Stupid amount of work for a brand new item, but I don't want them snapping or stress cracking in a year or two because of the bollocks job HasBeen did with these.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A1_ED721_A-_B3_E4-4_DE8-_A8_F3-_E6766_E6_B028_A.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.7 KB ID:	839

Comment

How did you get the thigh pins out without scraping the paint off?

Comment

lookforjoe,

This is a good tutorial, well illustrated too.
                  Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Ugh, I didn't realize the problem was too-tight stringing. I'm not up to that level of repair--All I can to is swap hands and heads.

You mad a big improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by ATC View Post
                      How did you get the thigh pins out without scraping the paint off?
                      Just punch them out, using a socket to recieve it. Since it only takes a light tap to re-insert the pin, the paint really isn't touched.

Old pic of regular Joe, illustrates process

Click image for larger version  Name:	AMJoe_Repairs00138.jpg Views:	2 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	900Click image for larger version  Name:	AMJoe_Repairs00138.jpg Views:	2 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	901
                      Last edited by lookforjoe; 05-17-2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

That's another cool "how to" photo at lookforjoe..

For anyone who doesn't own a proper punch, they can use a large heavy-duty woodwork nail, just slightly blunt the pointed tip outside with a hammer on a solid surface, like the edge of your patio, or on a concrete paving slab.. also i've done a few AM pins in the past like your method, but I used a thin rubber/vinyl surgical glove folded twice to buffer any marks made to the AM limb from the wrench socket (place between the limb and socket) I did this as a precaution.

Clive.
                        Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Working...
                        X