• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeekDragon
    replied
    Sweet. Inspires me to fix up my AT figure.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	5550 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	5551 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	5552 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	5553 Here ya go!
    This is how the project appears tonight.  I removed the rivets from the elbows, and cracked open the bicep pieces.  Next step is to insert the Cots kit pieces and the new rivet, and glue the bicep back together, and secure the new rivet using something.  I used a setter from a snap set I got in a sewing department at Michael's. I had to cut the rivets in these elbow joints.  The tool pictured made it easy. The pegs inside the biceps broke when separating the halves.  I did that after warming with a blow dryer for 2 minutes, and then pushing closed needle-nosed pliers into the main hold until it cracked open.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    I would love to see pics. One of these days I need to restore my childhood Muscle Body guy.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    today I broke open the bicep pieces of the Muscle body Land Adventurer. First time I've ever done this. It's kind of scary since pegs break in the process. I didn't realize how much force was needed. Now I know. Next step is to get some elastic, and a good punch to flatten the rivet. I hope to get those today. If so, I may have photos later.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I had a cheapo snip which I bought a while back. It looked a little flimsy but did the job nicely. The brand is Crescent, and it has a red rubber handle.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 04-09-2022, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Congrats! It is hard to cut out those rivets without damaging the plastic. What technique did you use?
    -ATC

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Success! I was able to cut the first rivet in the elbow of one of the arms. No problem, except the rivet went flying across the living room and disappeared! I guess the vacuum will find it eventually.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I'm getting ready to attempt restoration of a Muscle body Joe. He's a Land Adventurer, and I found the missing arm piece for him in my parts box a few days ago. I have the Cots kits, but am not sure I have a wire-cutter and punch to handle the rivet in the arm. Once I've decided I have the tools, I'll rebuild the Land Adventurer. If all goes well, I have a Man of Action which is really nice, and then Bulletman at long last. I ordered two new Cots kits last night to have enough. I think I'll get some elastic to attach the head the way Skull Reviews does his. I like that better than the piece of cord included in the Cot rebuild set.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/myles_falworth

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    I didn't know you had an ebay page. Will you let us know what it is?

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    My next project, other than the 64 Joe restoration, is going to be to reorganize my collection. I have enough extra parts and pieces now to finish some sets, and I want to put all of them with the appropriate set. I'm going to put my military Joes back into boxes for now, since my study is getting cluttered beyond control, and I need the shelf space! Once I'm done, I should have extras to sell. I'll hope to post some items on my Ebay page after the new year.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Cotswold? Michael's? Jo Ann Fabric? Walmart? Amazon? I give up. Sry.
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Can anyone tell me a source for snaps? I could use a few.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Sounds like it'll be an easy restoration, Myles! Let's see pics when it's done!
    :-)
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Joe arrived today from Alabama. He is not a gummy head after all. He does have a painted rivet, patent pending body, with beefy hands and baby feet. Both arms are broken at the section just below the shoulder joint. Also both calfs are very badly cracked. The forearms and the shoulder pieces each have cracks, but are not too loose. I will likely keep those. But will at least need to replace one or both calfs, and the pieces just below the shoulder (the elbow joint). I'll be sorting through my parts box tonight and seeing whether I can match the parts with other painted rivet parts. The figure also has one intact tall brown boot, and a nice field jacket in great condition, and a nice Action Soldier uniform, except that the pants are missing snaps on one side.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 08-19-2021, 04:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X