• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received Email about the Club adding more product to their web site for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received Email about the Club adding more product to their web site for sale

If you haven't been back to look, this week they have added a number of 12 in products.

They have several "Green Tagged" examples listed.

While I have a few unpainted prototypes in my collection I haven't worked in any of the "green tagged" Hasbro/Kenner standard pieces.

What are the members thoughts on the value of these green tagged items?

BEJOE

Value equals what you're willing to pay for it!
    ?

Comment

Comment

That is a very good point. Vendor Supplied Products (VSP's) used to be widely sought after. Unpainted sculpts and wrong colored accessories were seen as highly collectible. Now days, folks don't know what they are and are not interested in them or their story.

Prototypes fetch a little bit better open market, but nothing like they used to.

In the 1990's and early 2000's those green tagged items were money. Now? They are abandoned toys with a tag taped to them that means nothing to the buyer. I honestly can't see folks knocking the door down to buy a tagged boxed Rock and Roll HOF figure for $115. Or a CC figure for $150. Especially when todays collectors (who grew up with HOF and CC figures) can buy the figures MIB for $10-$15.

There are some nice bargains in their but some odd ball items too. I like the Woody from Toy Story accessory pack. The snake and the boot. Makes no sense to me what so ever. But hey if I want one I can just have Jack Hall make me one. The prices dropped on the black and white figure sets and I will say, the Marine and the Pilot sets are well worth the price. Same with the lost talkers.

I wish Brian well, but these latest items and their prices have me scratching my head.
        - Scott
        PH and Proud
        Bulletmann - Hyatta
        See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Well I pick up some of the 12 inch Con Bonus that I missed . I even brought some for my buddy Bill. I see that Brian is used e-bay prices on some of the stuff. The green tags don't WOW me now like they use to. The 12 inch Con jackets sold fast , some stuff sold out fast. A word of warning once it over that it no more stuff from Club. I find it funny when the Club sold the 12 inch Con Sets at blow out price under $200.00. Now on e-bay some prices are head scratching like the Polar Bear Attack at 560.00 . The one set that really drop like a rock is the Tarawa set which going on back in the day at $400.00 to $500.00 with all the goodie. Now $200.00 to 150.00 set. Well keep checking the club for good deal.

Comment

I am following the snake and boot special.. Got to love that...I like to get a JMF set.. I have been watching them, but I can't justify the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiwaloki View Post
              I am following the snake and boot special.. Got to love that...I like to get a JMF set.. I have been watching them, but I can't justify the price.
              What is JMF set? Oh by the way they had few thing up for the 12 inch line that sold out really quick like Polar Bear Attack at $275.00 and RAF service uniform bonus at $79.99. Its like you have to check every day to see whats new. I know a lot of 3/4 stuff is put up as well. The funny thing that get me is they have some incomplete Con sets for $300.00 or more and Polar Bear set sold at 275.00 complete what the heck here.

Comment

Well they have started their 10 % off sale now on all their products. Keep watching guys and gals.

Comment

The Club is now marking most if not all products down 20%. I made perhaps my last ever purchase from the Club today - the accessory set to Mike Power, the "free" club figure from last year. Before that I bought 10 Lebel revolvers and am still thinking about getting 10 more before the doors close. I only wish they had black holsters still available. Those I could really use. Farewell Club! You were great!

Comment

I was thinking of starting a another thread but I'll post here instead . The club store is really starting run out of stuff be it 12 inch 3/4 . The 12 inch con set left are 2015 and 2017 , 2018 and 2016 maybe sold out I don't know on that. The club have habit of taking stuff off their page then later its back up , again they pop some stuff they miss in the warehouse. They at 40% or 50% I'm not sure. I pick up 2018 set and the B&W set again . I 'll see what happen in week. Hey any one know when the club have to close by or are they wait till they sell everything?

Comment

OPPs I forgot the two other 12 inch con sets 1998 and 2002 are still in stock.

Comment

Buyer beware, the man-eating plants are now 2 for $15, instead of 4.

And the Counter culture adventurer is showing the discounted price of $318 (which it always was), down from 5 something (which it never was).

Comment

The Club's down to 40% off now. I just pulled the trigger on the 2017 12" Con set. I think this is the best way to get a pristine looking Jungle Fighter uniform. Now I think I've shopped my last there. Hope the set is nice in person!

Comment

I have been looking at a few items. The prices seem to remain the same. The snake in the boot is still $15 with 40% off. Does that change in check out?

Comment

• gijoe63
                              gijoe63 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The red price is the discounted price....for the snake/boot the original price was $25. 40% off = $15.

Sale is up to 50%. I have have been eyeing some of stuff but still can't pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                            X