• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That's a great collection! I take it King Waruda is the one in the middle?

I take it that's a lab for them in the second photo. I've never seen it before.

Daryl

Comment

This is the Henshin Cyborg I got sometime in the early 2000's. Markings on his back are in chinese, and a booklet I have with him is completely in chinese.
      His body is different from the original. The booklet is small with several pages in full color glossy paper.

He came with a set of boots and a weapon arm. The booklet has 4 or 5 pages of different weapon arms, I guess that you could get separetley for him.

The back cover of the booklet shows the different models. HIs feet are removed for the boots to be added, and his hand is removed for the weapon hand.
      His clear head is removed to show the cyborg head underneath.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TNshooter View Post
        Wow! That's a great collection! I take it King Waruda is the one in the middle?

I take it that's a lab for them in the second photo. I've never seen it before.

Daryl
        Waruda is the name for all of them, here's all three. These are all from 1972.

On the left is 1972 SATAN KING (aka Devil King), center 1972 DOKURO KING (aka Skeleton King aka DOKORO King), right 1972 SYOKUBUTU KAIJINN (aka Plant monster)

Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Custom Shirts

Comment

This is the Henshin Cyborg I got sometime in the early 2000's. Markings on his back are in chinese, and a booklet I have with him is completely in chinese.
          His body is different from the original. The booklet is small with several pages in full color glossy paper.

He came with a set of boots and a weapon arm. The booklet has 4 or 5 pages of different weapon arms, I guess that you could get separetley for him.

The back cover of the booklet shows the different models. HIs feet are removed for the boots to be added, and his hand is removed for the weapon hand.
          His clear head is removed to show the cyborg head underneath.

Very nice! They made several different versions of the retro figures.

So you know, these all were the predecessors for the Microman figures in Japan, which on this side of the pond we all know as Micronauts.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Custom Shirts

Comment

My younger brother had a bunch of Micronauts when we were young. I have a couple of them now, after I started collecting Joe he gave me what was left of his toys.
            Actually, I just remembered four. One is the Acroyer, I'm drawing a blank of the commander with the wing pack and the red one with the gun that attaches to his chest,
            and the six inch Baron Karza.

Comment

The commander was "Force Commander" and he had a white horse called "Oberon." I have the black armored "Baron Karza" but not his black horse "Andromeda." I also had a green Acroyear and a yellow Time Traveler. Nice toys in the days just before Star Wars.

Comment

The commander I was thinking about is because of the old Marvel comic on the toy line. I don't have the Force Commander, this one is one of the smaller guys made with metal, in a kinda gold color with a yellow spring-loaded backpack
                that wings kick out. It's kinda funny with those colors he has a blue helmet. The Acroyear I have is white.

Comment

The commander I was thinking about is because of the old Marvel comic on the toy line. I don't have the Force Commander, this one is one of the smaller guys made with metal, in a kinda gold color with a yellow spring-loaded backpack
                  that wings kick out. It's kinda funny with those colors he has a blue helmet. The Acroyear I have is white.
                  I think you're metal guy with the wings is Space Glider. My brother had one.

Comment

You're probably right. I haven't seen them in a while, if I could remember where I put them I would post a photo.

I have a few of the Marvel comics they put out for the Micronauts, that were also my brothers (he gave me a few comics along with his toys) and that
                    figure is the commander of the team in the comics.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	4737Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	4738Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	4739Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	82.9 KB ID:	4740

Here are my three newest recruits, and the gear which came with them. The Sea Adventurer on the far right is most likely a bad reflock. The figure is in great shape though, with a good face. He came with an assortment of knockoff uniforms and gear. The Land Adventurer in the center came with this tan uniform which I can't place. I thought it was Fighting Yank, but could be something else. If anyone knows, I'd like to know. The blue radio in front of him is vintage. The hinge on one side is broken, but all the pieces are there. I'm thinking about how to repair it so it doesn't show. I'm starting to sort my knockoff stuff by company and brand. Hopefully then I'll either acquire a Fighting Yank, a Mister Action, a Johnny West or a Stony Smith, and I can use the gear on the appropriate figure. The Land Adventurer has the same weird makeup or gook on his face as the LA in the Jungle Fighter uniform had. They're both from the same vendor and l'm sure share the same original owner. I'll be washing the face, and that's about it, since his flocking is nice, and the body is in tip-top shape, though a little floppy. The Sea Adventurer on the far left has good all-original flocking. These are very hard to find (for me). He is my third that I know of. His helmet is 40th, the shirt is 40th, the pants are vintage, and so are the boots and the life vest. He came with a 40th raft, signal flags, binoculars and 40th dog tag. These guys will need minor cleanup and new uniforms - then they will be joining the Adventure Team.
                      Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-05-2021, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I bought my first Gi Joe in a great while today. I found a Normandy Ranger for decent price on Ebay. Pics when he storms my beachhead. Should be May 20. Looking forward to mail call that day!

Comment

Looking forward to the pics!
                          - ATC

Comment

Is it the figure from the club? Also looking forward to pics!

Comment

Yes. It's from the Club. Still waiting for the landing.

Comment

Not vintage 12" Joe, but my first pickups since the February before the pandemic started. Last Tuesday my brother, sister, and I went out thrifting and we hit 17 stores, including 3 Targets, and found something at each one. At the first Target, I saw the new 6" Cobra Commander. First time I found any of these Joes in the wild. I told myself when these first came out that I was gonna skip these. I wasn't paying scalper prices and didn't really like how they looked. Well, I bought the Commander. Told myself this will probably be the only one I, not only find, but buy. The next Target we went too, I ended up seeing Scarlett, Roadblock, Cobra Trooper, and Zartan. Guess what happened. I bought these also.
                                Now that I have them in hand, I kinda like them now. Not going out for a complete set, but Major Bludd just came out, so I need to get him and any other one I may stumble upon. But, with cons starting up again, I am kinda scared now since the flood gates are now open for these figures. They are $19.99 retail, so, I will pay $25 for one. $30, I would really have to think about it, depending on who it is(Like Destro, Firefly, or Snake Eyes). Anything over $30, then you can keep it.
                                I also found two of the new 8" Mego Monster figures(Son of Frankenstein and The Wolfman), again, first time seeing these in the wild, 3 intellivision games, a 80's handheld baseball game with box, some art supplies, and some cheap comics, including the 1st full appearance of the Savage Dragon from 1986(pre Image), which is a MAJOR score for 99 cents. So, a pretty successful day.
                                And yes, all three of us are fully vaccinated.
                                Last edited by GeekDragon; 05-18-2021, 03:51 AM.
                                The Joe Collecting "Geek".
                                Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
                                www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
                                Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
                                www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
                                Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
                                www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
                                Want to see my new art? Check out:
                                www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Working...
                                X