• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unbroken Adventurer is a great find. I have seen photos online where collectors figures had broken down in pieces, apparently because of the coloring used to
    mold the bodies. And a minty uniform for him? Apparentely he was well taken care of. If the AT shoulder-holsters still have the pegs intact, that's a definite score.
    Not to mention the other items! Sounds like you got a great score!! Congrats.

Comment

• Thanks Daryl! I also found a pair of camo pants in the bunch. They have black round snaps. Sound like anything you might need? Also there's an almost definite Fighting Yank M-1 carbine.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	5479

Yesterday I won another auction. This time the seller had a low Buy it Now price, so I snapped it up. This will be my second Muscle Body Joe once I find another lower arm for him. Also will be interesting to see if the talking mechanism works. It may be a good one to learn on. Also have some nice uniforms here, including a complete Sea Adventurer uniform with nice blue shirt, and a second shirt to boot. Lots of other goodies here too. I'll keep him as a Land Adventurer, because of the flocking, but also because the camo shorts are here, plus part of the LA uniform. Wish I knew what happened to the talking Commander. Only the torso, mechanism and one thigh remain. Maybe sharks?

Comment

• Wow Myles! You either have great luck, or do a lot of searching for good deals. I see a Jungle Survival shirt, what looks like an Atomic Man shirt, and two backpacks and helmets from the Laser Rescue!
          Not to mention a plastic AT footlocker.
          Great score!

Comment

• It's mostly luck. I found this after doing a search for Gi Joe Adventure Team and looking at most recent listings. This was for a low price which is way below what others offer. I just happened to see it before most.

Comment

• Well played!
              Those "laser rescue" mining helmets are pretty cool.
              I had one as a kid. I may still have it kicking around the depths of my Joe Room somewhere.
              When I was a kid, I recall finding some glow-in-the dark decal material that I cut into a circle and stuffed into the lens on the light. It glowed in the dark and I thought it was the coolest.
              Ah, simpler times...
              :-)
              - ATC

Comment

• Mail call today brought the box above. The head is from the muscle body Joe, and the left lower arm is not included. So I need to find an arm for this Joe, and then I can work on restoring him. He does have his LA pants, and there were 3 pairs of short black vintage boots. So the uniform only needs a shirt. I may have one in my uniform bin. The tall boots are 40th. The torso is from a Commander, but has the lower leg peg busted. So it's no good. The spring is out of the reel on the talking mechanism, but the string is still intact and attached. I'll watch some videos and do some fiddling to see if I can recoil the spring. Maybe it's a good talk box!? Many of the uniforms are play-worn, and I have better versions of all or most, so those will go up for auction soon on Ebay. The other items from Laser Rescue, the shark and the barbed wire also will likely go on Ebay. So will the AT locker. It's missing its handles and the tray. But it's in nice shape otherwise. I may swap parts with a beat up one and auction the beat up shell. We'll see. Not a bad price for the whole. I bought it mostly for the muscle body land adventurer. I plan to make him my first muscle body repair. I have some Cots kits for that. I hope to get to work shortly. Details will be in the latest projects thread. Eventually if not sooner!

Comment

• Nice looking lot there! I've had pretty good luck re-stringing those muscle bodies with elastic. I can dig up the guide for that if you'd like.
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Custom Shirts

Comment

• Sure! That would be great!

Comment

• Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Custom Shirts

Comment

• Did some searches on Ebay today. All of the lots I could see with anything worthwhile had minimum bids of over $300. I think it's a trend now to set the price you want as the starting bid. Anyway, I'm not bidding.

Comment

• If starting bids are that high, I won't bid either. Instead of such a high starting bid, just do a BIN. Or, if it's some really nice stuff, start the biding low. You will get your price. But then again, I haven't searched ebay for Joe stuff in awhile, too busy looking for Classified figures now.
                          The Joe Collecting "Geek".
                          Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
                          www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
                          Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
                          www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
                          Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
                          www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
                          Want to see my new art? Check out:
                          www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• I ordered one of Angelo D'Annibale's new sets yesterday. He calls it "Coils of the Ruby" Here's a photo from Facebook: Click image for larger version  Name:	277681444_10159974428689521_5233448249001476604_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	141.8 KB ID:	5537

I'm finding that I'm spending more money on newer Joe sets from these creative Joeheads. I like the AT vibe of this set. The ark is not plastic though - Angelo says it weighs two pounds!
                            I'm also waiting to place a large order with Cots for some uniforms and gear from their Vintage Vibe section. Really nice stuff there - especially their new pattern Commander style uniforms.

And I'm trying to go back through what I already have. My collection has become disheveled (along with my study) and is in great need of a thorough reorganization and possible thinning of extras. I never seem to have the time though. Tonight I was trying to find 3 or 4 AT heads I got from Ebay a while ago - to match them up with 3 headless AT bodies I have. I couldn't find the heads yet though.

Comment

• Nice! I remember when the arks came out, as I recall it was a mail away item. I'm thinking that people were selling them on the bay for about $200.

Comment

• I'm sure this isn't the same Ark made by Hasbro. This one weighs two pounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X