• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's so quiet around here. Let's get this party started again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's so quiet around here. Let's get this party started again!

I know there is no new Joe product, but, boy, there really hasn't been much activity around here. What are your current projects? what have you bought from Cots? What have you found at cons, garage sales, thrift stores, yard sales, etc.? Favorite figures? Favorite sets? Customs? Let's see those collections. Or any other topics you can think of. Let's get this party started again!!!!
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

There was another thread on recent projects, and I won't repost photos from there, however, I'll give an update. My projects are currently on hold. My priority lately has been my folks, and my budget. I just recently got a new benefits statement, and have been updating my retirement plan. I also hang out at several other non-Joe sites, and have been doing lots of posting on one of them mostly about religious stuff.

But on to Joe! I have several projects in various stages of completion. I have an ATV which needs polishing, and I'm trying to figure out how to get a wheel off so I can open the chassis and clean it out plus add a new seat which I got from a very cool Trencher. I also have a Bulletman in need of restringing. I have the kit, just not the time. I also have several figures needing reflocking, and still have to send them out. I also have an AT Helicopter which needs polishing and possibly some new stickers. I also have some other AT and Talking AT figures which need various arms, legs, and restringing. I have two Commanders with strings pulled out partially but jammed. I am hoping to resurrect those myself. It's been so long since I've looked through my boxes that I can't remember whether there's anything else. Hope others will post. It has been VERY quiet here. I'm starting to think everyone is using Facebook since it's a little easier to post photos due to the size requirements here.

Comment

I've been working on 1/6 Super Joes and AT kitbash customs. I learned recently that Loucosporbonecos is ceasing production--that saddens me., I liked their products.

I don't do Facebook, no thank you.

Comment

I've been looking to purchase some of Joe's cousins (Action Man, Geyper Man, and Falcon) to add to my collection. Got to know some collectors in the UK, Brazil, and Spain in the process of doing so.

Comment

Hello, been awhile since I checked in here..I mainly only collect those sets I had as a child, so, really have not bought much Joe stuff for a few years now...
          I did however recently pick up a Vintage Deep Sea Diver suit off of Joezeta...My vintage Joe has had on a reproduction DSD suit for years now...
          So thought it was about time ...
          Note: I have two different Gijoe sets combined in my pics... Deep Sea Diver set and 1969 eight ropes of danger set..

Last edited by inntruderr61; 09-29-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Lookin' good Inntruderr61!

Comment

Originally posted by GeekDragon View Post
              Lookin' good Inntruderr61!
              Thanks Geekdragon!

Comment

My Sea Adventurer orange wetsuit fell apart...I found a vintage orange suits that is in good shape..It should arrive via mail this Friday...

I put the crumbling wetsuit on this guy...lol

Comment

Comment

Sorry.. Just have been busy. Not much to report. Maybe the new joe movie will awaken people.

Comment

Comment

I'm not on social media for various reasons--I like forums. But yes, traffic on them is lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiwaloki View Post
                          Sorry.. Just have been busy. Not much to report. Maybe the new joe movie will awaken people.
                          Is there a new movie coming out?

Comment

There's a Snake Eyes movie coming.

Comment

I work a lot now. Having time for the hobby is a rarity now.

Comment

Working...
                              X