• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choose Six

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose Six

If you had to choose just 6 Joes from your collection to keep and the rest would be forever gone, which 6 would you choose? Would you choose a team of soldiers? Sailors? Marines? Pilots? A mix? All American, or would you select Soldiers of the World? Perhaps a complete Adventure Team?

That's a hard one. I think I'd have to keep my original, oldest joes -- which would be a mish-mash of themes and eras. Action soldier, Air Adventurer, French Resistance Fighter, Russian soldier, Action Marine, Sea Adventurer (in the order I got 'em as a kid). Although it'd make more sense to keep a squad of soldiers, marines, german infantry, etc. Or an Adventure Team.

Glad I don't have to make that choice. Now that the kids have all moved out, I have my own Joe Room. :-)

- ATC

I would keep my best:

1. Land Adventurer
    2. Adventure Team Commander
    3. Air Adventurer
    4. Talking Man of Action
    5. Sea Adventurer
    6. Talking Astronaut

That is if I could only keep 6.

Comment

Only six? You're a madman sir!

I would take one of each, Pilot, Marine, Sailor and Soldier, then the Astronaut and probably the French Resistance fighter. Basic figures with all accessories mind you. (oh and the Frenchie and Marine have to be redheads)
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Okay, I'll bite. Why must those two be redheads?
        My original French Resistance Fighter was a redhead, but I thought that was an anomaly. I guess Hasbro didn't really pay much attention to hair colors in their international Soldiers of the World series...
        - ATC
        Last edited by ATC; 08-06-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• GI Defender
          GI Defender commented
          Editing a comment
          My original Joe was a red head Marine and in 67 I got the red headed Frenchie. Most of my Marines are red heads, and my frenchie definitely is. Kinda one of my OCD things.

For me, It would be Mike Power and my Muscle Body AT(bought both brand new off the shelf waaaaay back when), my Action Marine which is all decked out with back pack, tent, etc., which is my favorite, my German Stormtrooper, which was a Christmas present in the early 80's from my uncle(he wasn't dressed as a German), and I need to finish, my Action Sailor with box and paper work that I bought a few years ago at C2E2, and one of my vintage Action Man figures(I have 4), not sure which one I would pick though.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

id keep the two painted head and two bearded joes from when my brother and i were kids, my signed medal of honor joe and a green beret which is my fave joe uniform

Comment

Working...
          X