• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you Ricky Puckett!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Ricky Puckett!

As you all are aware, I always praise Ricky for his footlocker of Joes. These Joes were vintage PH's with complete uniforms and some accessories (sometimes KO) He has lugged that Footlocker around for years and I always grabbed 4-5 Joes each time. Average price was $35-$40 a figure. The running gag in the house is that my collection doubled because of that trunk. Well, with the well running dry I only got one Joe from him in Kentucky not from the footlocker, but a minty loose AT Commander for $40. After a clean, probably the nicest AT guy I have. Clean, not cracks, perfect flock and vintage holster and pistol.

Anyway

I was watching an auction for a Joe and bid $50 on it last week. It was in good shape and reminded me of so many of the Footlocker Joes I had in my collection. Sadly, I lost the bid but was shocked at the final selling price.

This guy sold for $202.13. I have several just as nice I got from Ricky.

Bottom line, go to shows! Deals are much better there.

- Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

But... but... but... at the last Kentucky show, Ricky didn't have his famous foot locker full of Joes! That foot locker is usually the highlight of the show for me. It was a sad day. :-(
    - ATC

Comment

I hear whispers of its return. . .or a similar facsimile.
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Oh goodie!
        The first time I saw The Trunk, I found a blonde Euro head figure wearing a German uniform but equipped with a bunch of American accessories. Walking around the floor it was like a treasure hunt, finding the bits and pieces I needed to complete a vintage German soldier of the world. I was able to find everything I needed before I left. Had a blast!
        That was the best little experience of any convention I've ever attended! It even beat the San Antonio mosh pit!
        ;-)
        Dave

Comment

that mosh pit was tuff to beat.
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta

Comment

And it was over two DECADES ago!
            Makes me feel old...
            - ATC

Comment

Working...
            X