• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arm Removal Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm Removal Issue

Hey I just started getting into the classic 12 inch Joes over the past few months, and I've gotten a few by this point and have had no issue doing any repair work needed until last night, I was doing some standard hand replacements until I got to one Joe and one Action Man and I can not get their forearms off. Until this point it hasn't been an issue to just pull them a bit and they slide right off but these two wont budge, tried heating them, tried freezing them. The Action Man solved itself when the hands popped off the wrists so I just put the replacements on but the Joe has a busted off wrist peg in his arm and I'm sorta at a loss on how to get it off.

LeeAtArms,

Have you tried wrapping the forearm in a rubber surgical glove for a good grip then using a pair of pliers to try and twist the peg out (heat forearm first in boiling kettle water)? The only other way to get a busted wrist peg out of a forearm is to remove the forearm from the rest of the arm and wrap it in a rubber surgical glove, or a thin strip of rubber and clamp it in a vice, the rubber will protect the forearm from any damage from the clamp vice, then use a short piece of narrow metal rod from your tool box that fits inside the forearm all the way down to the wrist peg and bang/tap the broken peg out using a small hammer, using gentle taps to start with. I used this method to get a broken ankle peg out of one of my Action Man figures (as seen here: http://www.thetrenchesforum.com/foru...-on-duty-again ). Other members might know a better way.
    Last edited by amwic; 06-10-2018, 08:35 AM.
    Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Ah I hadn't considered using a glove for the grip and protection! That may do it, my fear would be I could damage the elbow peg tho if I yank on it to hard or am I worried about nothing? Until this point my method has pretty much been what you said second, just soak the part in hot water, and then stick and alan key I have thats about the same size in and tap it with a rubber mallet I have until it pops out. The only other sticking point I've had is a broken ankle peg in an Atomic Man as I cant manage to remove the mechanical bit in the middle of the leg. But that glove and pliers technique may solve this arm issue!

Comment

Working...
      X