• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeekDragon
    replied
    I finally got around to working on one of my many projects. I was able to resting this guys arm with Cots restringing kit. He also has Cots feet, hands, and upper right arm. I may have to restring his legs eventually because the original elastic isn't like it used to be. But, for now, it still holds up. Now I need to clean up his face and repaint. There is still some black on his head, so I am assuming he is a brunette, so that's what he will be. Here is a before and after pic.

Leave a comment:

• inntruderr61
    replied
    Restrung a Talking Man of Action recently... Going to restring my AT Commander and Black AT Commander soon...
    I'm sending the AT Commander and MOA talk boxes to Scott Wilde to be repaired...That I know nothing about...lol
    The black Commander seems to talk ok so he will only get restrung...

Leave a comment:

• Unveiled
    replied
    UPDATE: Got the figure, so the project can get underway!

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Cotswold finally got more of their Geyperman KFG hands in stock. So I ordered 3 pairs today. Should come in handy for some of the KFG figures I've acquired with discolored or broken KFG hands. Nice to see these restocked. They're much nicer than the Elite Brigade action hands, and more flexible.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    PM sent.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    Myles, yes I do, as a matter of fact.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Originally posted by GeekDragon View Post
    Here are my projects. First up is the SOTW I restrung last year. The uniform is vintage, but I'm not sure if the helmet is vintage. The rest are Cots. I do want to go all vintage with this one, so if anyone has anything for a decent price let me know.

2nd pic is my next project. I got this one in a parts lot off ebay like 15 years ago. I have the restringing kit from Cots for the arms. The head looks like it still has alittle black paint for the hair, so that's what I'm gonna paint his hair.

3rd pic is a figure I picked up from a thrift store. gonna completely redo him with various parts form my parts bin. Not sure what I'm gonna do with him yet.

There are ALOT more projects I have going that involves 3 3/4" Joes and Star Wars, like restore my Death Star Command Station, finish complete my vintage AT-AT, restoring my 3 3/4 Joe vehicles and much more. Plus, theres my art. Too much!!!!!!!
    GeekDragon, Do you need vintage boots for your German SOTW?

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_224007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	3707Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_224030.jpg
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	3708Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_224053.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	3709Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_223935.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	3706
    Today I got a KFG Air Adventurer in the mail call. He has great flocking but had really brittle and dried out KFG hands. So this evening I just casually removed the old crusty hands and put new Geyperman action hands from Cots on instead. I love these new replacement hands. Easy to install and they look great! I'll post a pic a little later this evening once I get my phone back from my son. Okay! The pics are uploaded. I'm trying to decide if this is original flocking or a reflock. But he looks good either way. The face needs a good wash, which I'll get to soon. I put him in my copter rescue uniform for now, but he still needs boots and other accessories. But this is him and his new hands. Big improvement. Another new member of the Adventure Team. I did not have a KFG Air Adventurer. Now I just need a KFG Sea Adventurer and..... I'm not sure I want to go there. My policy is, if they start KFG, they (usually) stay KFG. If they're hard hands, they stay hard hands. Maybe I'll never have a complete KFG team. Doesn't really matter to me as long as I can put out the sets I want with the Joes I have on hand. I'll soon be sending 5 heads off for reflocking. 3 Land Adventurers, and 2 Sea Adventurers. Then I have a box of other cheapo figures which also will need some reflocked. I'm doing them separately so I can keep track of which head goes on which body. I don't like to swap them around if I don't have to. More later!
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 10-20-2019, 03:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    That reminds me, I need to dig up my AT Headquarters and Mike Power's Secret Mountain Outpost and work on them I also need to get all my 3 3/4" Joe vehicles from my mom's and work on them. Too much to do and not enough time.
    Last edited by GeekDragon; 10-15-2019, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Okay! Newest project (a small one but significant). I'm in the process of setting up Adventure Team Headquarters! It is now on top of the hutch of a desk in my study, and waiting to raise the tower and move in the gear. The Joes are already up there working, but the Commander is still driving in. I hope to have photos of the completed layout in the next day or so. For now, the move is on. The only casualty so far was a reproduction tripod leg for the Tank Commander's radio. I'll have to beg Matsquatch customs for a new one. Other than that it's been smooth sailing.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 10-10-2019, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• inntruderr61
    replied
    Well as a adult collector my divers never had vintage suits... Always wore reproduction... So decided to change that and picked these vintage suits up...
    Right now I'm on the hunt for a vintage Action Marine box...Other then that its been quiet here on the Gijoe front...

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    Looking good Myles!

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Nice! Huzzah!!!

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	3661

Today I dug out my bag of drag bike parts, thinking I could assemble 2 complete bikes. Well, I found I hadn't yet gotten a new rear axle made, so only one is assembled today. This one is 100% vintage. The next one will have the currystoys red end caps and connector on the axles and the steering column. So I'll have a vintage and a modern fix-me-up version of the bike. Here's the vintage one. All it needs is a little TLC to look new. Nothing a little black paint, a chrome pen, and some new stickers won't solve.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 10-02-2019, 04:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    Looking good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X