• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see the before and after pics side by side when you're done!
    :-)
    - ATC

Comment

• You got it!

Comment

• It's been a busy couple of months. I haven't had any time for hobbies, with work, and planning for retirement. But I took these new photos tonight as an update on the restoration of the Talking Soldier and the AT Commander figures I promised. So here they are. First up, the Commander. He is now cleaned, and restrung, and has his voice fixed, however the words are very hard to understand, even if they are loud. Maybe cleaning the tape or replacing the needle will help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600(57).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	5804 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_214308.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	5805

Comment

• Here is the Talking Soldier, before and after. He also has been restrung, and had the voice repaired. His voice is clear as a bell, and loud. Very nice. I still need to remove the blue spots from his face, and I'm thinking about attempting to give him some new hair. We'll see. Somewhere I saved a guide on which paints to use for painted hair Joes. Then he needs a new uniform (he didn't come with one), and tall brown boots, which I have already. I'll post more photos when he's dressed and his face is clear.

Name:	20220418_225104.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	5807 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_214222.jpg
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	5808

Comment

• And here they are side by side.

Name:	20221120_214212.jpg
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	5810

Comment

• Very nice.
              Well done!
              Congrats on your new team members!
              - ATC

Comment

• The Gi Joe Quartermaster had a very busy Joe day at Adventure Team Headquarters. It's a federal holiday, so I had some time to kill. I put both the talking action soldier and the commander in nice uniforms today. I also went through some purchases still piled on my desk, and put them with the Gi Joes that are dressed in the uniforms from those sets. So I put a jacket and repro equipment pulley and sling in the box for Breeches Buoy, I put a nice red jumpsuit for Volcano Jumper with the Joe that has that set, and took out the older red jumpsuit (which I plan to sell). I also found my three punches, which I plan to use to build my muscle body Joes. So those are now where I can find them. I also took 3 of my newest Joes and put them in boxes with labels so when they are reflocked, I'll know which head goes with which Gi Joe body. I'm about to send 4 heads to Flock Concepts.

I also identified two talkers which I need help with, so I'll be asking Scott Wilde to fix the talker mechanisms on at least one of them. I also found a head for a headless Commander I have, and put it on the body. And I put the missing pieces of my French Resistance Fighter set with the figure I've dressed in that outfit. So he now has his dagger, sub machine gun with strap, his beret and some short black boots. He also received his brown shoulder holster with Lebel revolver. I think I have his Croix de Guerre here somewhere. It will need to be found, and then he can have that too. I also have some boots coming in from Ebay since several newer team members are barefoot. I also ordered a nice Crash Crew uniform, a bubble canopy for the spare cab on the Mobile Support Center, and two vintage black zippers which I'm hoping to scavenge to repair my orange scuba suit zipper. All in all a day of major improvements for my Joe collection. I'm hoping to have another productive day soon if I have the time.
                Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-16-2023, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Time is one thing that's always in short supply...
                  :-(
                  - ATC

Comment

• Well done job with your Talkers... Looking good!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	5867 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	5868

This is my latest project Joe. He needs to be restrung, but also someone (probably the kid who owned him) drew on his face and chest with something I cannot remove. I tried with alcohol and Qtips tonight and couldn't make any difference after a long time scrubbing. I wonder if the peroxide would work on this. It seems like it could be a Sharpie pen that did the damage.

Comment

• A challenge for sure..Not sure whether or not peroxide would work?
                        Maybe this stuff would work? But it would probably take off the painted areas on Gijoes face... hummmm
                        Sad cause thats a nice looking Gijoe figure!
                        http://www.twinpines.com/remove-zit

Comment

• I bought another broken Joe from the Bay a couple of days ago. He supposedly has perfect flocking. We'll see. He's a KFG Land Adventurer, which I have few of. So he'll be welcome on the Team when he gets out of surgery.

He probably will wear Cotswold clothing as my stock of Land Adventure outfits is badly depleted. Pics during the restoration to follow. Still looking for 1964 era slotted shoulder upper arms for my older restore project. Maybe I'll get lucky at Kentuckiana and find a couple.

Name:	s-l1602 (6).jpg
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	6235 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1602 (2).jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	6236 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1602 (5).jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	6237 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1601.jpg
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	6234

Comment

• Secured replacement (vintage) arms today on Ebay. This should be an easy restoration. Hope I have enough feet! I know I've got boots though.

Comment

• If there aren't any pics, then it didn't happen!
                              Just sayin'.
                              - Opie ( I mean ATC)

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20240111_155902.jpg Views:	1 Size:	132.5 KB ID:	6249

The new project Joe, the beat up Land Adventurer is supposed to arrive tomorrow. For those in the upper midwest, we're expecting 10 inches of snow. If the reports are accurate and if he is delivered tomorrow, I will outfit him as an Arctic Explorer with parka, snow pants and snow boots. Unless I change my mind. If he makes it through the snow he's a hardy Northerner, and deserves special clothing and assignment. The replacement arms arrived today.
                                Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-11-2024, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X