• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your current project?

I suspect lots of Joe heads are working on projects. What's yours?

I'm currently working on:
    - M5 kangaroo (Stuart that I can easily convert into a kangaroo recon vehicle, and back again),
    - Joe Rocketship (4 decks, retro 50s sci fi type) 22" in diameter and 6' tall. Planning is done, now I need to execute. Been waiting for warm enough weather to work on it in my pole barn. I was stymied for years, looking for a nose cone. Finally found the solution! If I get the shell done this summer, I can work on the interior next winter. No rush. It's a hobby!

What are YOU working on?

Last year, I restrung a SOTW Joe(posted pics on the facebook Trenches), and decided to turn him into a German Stormtrooper. I have the uniform and helmet, I just need everything else. I'm also working on completing some sets that I've been saying I'm working on for years. I'm also working on vintage 3 3/4" Star Wars and 3 3/4" RAH. So, I have a few things going on.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Jeez, what isn't on my project list?

Right now I'm hoping to source a Steel Brigade head so I can customize some Steel Brigade guys.

Comment

I have been playing around with a 3d printer. Thinking of printing some diorama stuff for small Joe. Trying to consolidate my Joe collection. I have some muscle bodies that need restring. I got heads that need reflocking. Other than trying to complete a FSA set. Can't think of much else..

Comment

The 3D printer sounds cool! I bet there are a lot of neat Joe things you could come up with using a 3D printer! Keep us informed! We want pictures! ?

Comment

Jungle Ordeal diorama.

Comment

Comment

My up and coming projects are, something very basic and something that i've been putting off for years, which involves a lot of lifting and sorting.. My first basic project is to replace some disintegrating gripping hands on some of my AM figures, my next project is to sort through all my stashed cardboard boxes of 1/6 gear and put it all into new sturdy plastic storage tubs, which will be stacked in rows to the ceiling, then i can find items more easily to complete some sets, there's also plenty of figures that need a bit of acrylic paint touch up on their hair and eyebrows.. Once i've completed this i will be doing lots of kitmixing and making custom characters for future photo stories. I am also going to make a few dioramas that can be stored away and used again for photo style studio shots.

For some folks collecting Joes is a hobby, but for me it's a way of life.

Click image for larger version

Name:	68 PNG ME 1968 KEEP.png
Views:	1
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	3098
                Me Clive/amwic.

Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

I've been taking a break from projects since I got my collection somewhat organized a couple of months ago. I'm working on restoring an AT Helicopter. I also am going to work on restoring an ATV, but need the stickers (will buy online) and the mummy's tomb winch (may buy from 3rd son). I also have several figures that need reflocking, and several which need new arms, new hands, new feet, new thighs, etc. Several faces need cleaning too. I purchased a few restringing kits and some talker strings, so I'll be attempting my first talker repair fairly soon. I'm also going to fix up a green beret uniform that is missing a few buttons and needs the back tabs reattached. Then I'll have two complete green berets (once I find the rifle!). I also have some parachutes for fantastic freefall which either need repair or need to be reattached to the backpack. I also have a couple of Gi Joe Action Soldier field jackets which need to be laundered and flattened. Plenty of work to occupy me this summer!
                  Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 04-24-2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Nothing Joe on the bench right now. But I am about to complete a vintage Moon Landing model I have had for years. It is the original Monogram kit from way back. I got it as a freebie from Buck years ago and forgot I had it. Found it when I was going thru some stuff and decided to build it. Always liked the kit, never built it before. For a simple kit it had become quite challenging.

When I clear that off the bench I finally have the last original Sweet 16 Hot Wheels car to restore for my set. Along with 5 more cars as extras. For those who didn't know, I started to tinker with restoring old Red Lines. Have been wanting to do a shadow box of the original 16 (Sweet 16) but finding a few of them that are affordable has been quite a hurdle. (Go to eBay and check Red Line Custom Camaro and prepare to be amazed). After that, I will be back in Joe Mode.
                    - Scott
                    PH and Proud
                    Bulletmann - Hyatta
                    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Originally posted by GI Defender View Post
                      When I clear that off the bench I finally have the last original Sweet 16 Hot Wheels car to restore for my set. Along with 5 more cars as extras. For those who didn't know, I started to tinker with restoring old Red Lines. Have been wanting to do a shadow box of the original 16 (Sweet 16) but finding a few of them that are affordable has been quite a hurdle. (Go to eBay and check Red Line Custom Camaro and prepare to be amazed). After that, I will be back in Joe Mode.
                      I assume you've been watching "baremetalHW", "WheelsNThangs" and/or "Marty's Matchbox Makeovers" on YouTube? I have some vintage Matchbox cars I want to restore and have started accumulating the necessary tools but haven't started one yet. Like others I have too many irons in the fire!

Comment

I've got two projects on the go.

One is assembling a retro-styled 40th deep sea diver. I have all the parts & accessories and just need to get around to putting it all together.

The other project isn't so much a project as just some minor medic & demolitions pack add-ons for a woodland spec ops squad I first completed ages ago. The original version of the squad was first posted on another forum using Classic Collection lobster claw figures, but I subsequently upgraded to gun-ho grip and/or super-articulated figures. Now my demolitions expert and medic are finally getting their bags of goodies strapped on.

Comment

Steve, you are correct. Some are fairly easy restores. Some I just want to smash with a hammer.
                          - Scott
                          PH and Proud
                          Bulletmann - Hyatta
                          See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Well, I've just acquired the remaining parts needed for my AT Helicopter. So now I'm in the midst of getting the old stickers and residue off, cleanup and reassembly. Soon I'll have a really nice AT Helo. Need to get the pilot suited up!

Comment

Pics! Pics! We want to see it when it's done!

Comment

Working...
                              X