• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I just scored another figure from Ebay two days ago. He's a PH Joe with the Breeches Bouy slicker. The jacket is ripped at the seam on the right underarm side, and there are several snaps missing. But I got him for $35. Should be fun sewing the seam back together and replacing the snaps. I'll have to hunt for some first. But it's a nice set anyway, and goes well with my Navy Joes .

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190624_231814.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	3351

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Wow! That's some fur on the guy on the right! I know what you mean about childhood repairs. I'm a little wistful when removing those - remembering how I taped the knee of my Land Adventurer when I was a kid. But I get over it real quick and get directly to surgery. It's really fun restoring Joes!

Leave a comment:

• LeeAtArms
    replied
    Got these two from a friend at the flea market today, got a few bags of clothes with them as well, some nice stuff in those as well. The normal flocked guy only had one foot, oddly his left foot in his right leg, swapped it and pulled out a not great condition right foot out of a parts bag I had for the moment. The other guy is nuts, I have no idea but I think they glued fun fur to his head? He's in nice shape otherwise other than his broken left wrist, I have no idea the level of damage he has but they made such a nice cast for him I feel sorta bad about taking it off.

Leave a comment:

• Aiwaloki
    replied
    Nice job... I love search and rescues...

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    Nice Score. Looks good.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	44.0 KB ID:	3326
    And after!
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 06-20-2019, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Here are the two figures partially outfitted. There are still several pieces I need for the Russian. The sailor will probably get the Navy Attack equipment soon, and will be my first sailor with that set. I can never have too many sailors!
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 06-24-2019, 12:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	153.6 KB ID:	3323
    Before.....Here are two figures that came together with some uniforms and gear. The foreign soldier got a new hand and forearm (vintage) and is kitted out as Russian Infantry. The Brown PH Joe on the right became an Action Sailor. He's on the right in dungarees below. The sailor's left arm came right off when I moved his shoulder joint. The string was old and completely dry rotted. I put in a new band from Cots and he's good as new. I probably should restring the legs and head too, because of the condition the arms were in.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 06-24-2019, 12:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X