• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNshooter
    replied
    You're probably right. I haven't seen them in a while, if I could remember where I put them I would post a photo.

I have a few of the Marvel comics they put out for the Micronauts, that were also my brothers (he gave me a few comics along with his toys) and that
    figure is the commander of the team in the comics.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Originally posted by TNshooter View Post
    The commander I was thinking about is because of the old Marvel comic on the toy line. I don't have the Force Commander, this one is one of the smaller guys made with metal, in a kinda gold color with a yellow spring-loaded backpack
    that wings kick out. It's kinda funny with those colors he has a blue helmet. The Acroyear I have is white.
    I think you're metal guy with the wings is Space Glider. My brother had one.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    The commander I was thinking about is because of the old Marvel comic on the toy line. I don't have the Force Commander, this one is one of the smaller guys made with metal, in a kinda gold color with a yellow spring-loaded backpack
    that wings kick out. It's kinda funny with those colors he has a blue helmet. The Acroyear I have is white.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    The commander was "Force Commander" and he had a white horse called "Oberon." I have the black armored "Baron Karza" but not his black horse "Andromeda." I also had a green Acroyear and a yellow Time Traveler. Nice toys in the days just before Star Wars.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    My younger brother had a bunch of Micronauts when we were young. I have a couple of them now, after I started collecting Joe he gave me what was left of his toys.
    Actually, I just remembered four. One is the Acroyer, I'm drawing a blank of the commander with the wing pack and the red one with the gun that attaches to his chest,
    and the six inch Baron Karza.

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    This is the Henshin Cyborg I got sometime in the early 2000's. Markings on his back are in chinese, and a booklet I have with him is completely in chinese.
    His body is different from the original. The booklet is small with several pages in full color glossy paper.

He came with a set of boots and a weapon arm. The booklet has 4 or 5 pages of different weapon arms, I guess that you could get separetley for him.

The back cover of the booklet shows the different models. HIs feet are removed for the boots to be added, and his hand is removed for the weapon hand.
    His clear head is removed to show the cyborg head underneath.

Very nice! They made several different versions of the retro figures.

So you know, these all were the predecessors for the Microman figures in Japan, which on this side of the pond we all know as Micronauts.

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    Wow! That's a great collection! I take it King Waruda is the one in the middle?

I take it that's a lab for them in the second photo. I've never seen it before.

Daryl
    Waruda is the name for all of them, here's all three. These are all from 1972.

On the left is 1972 SATAN KING (aka Devil King), center 1972 DOKURO KING (aka Skeleton King aka DOKORO King), right 1972 SYOKUBUTU KAIJINN (aka Plant monster)

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    This is the Henshin Cyborg I got sometime in the early 2000's. Markings on his back are in chinese, and a booklet I have with him is completely in chinese.
    His body is different from the original. The booklet is small with several pages in full color glossy paper.

He came with a set of boots and a weapon arm. The booklet has 4 or 5 pages of different weapon arms, I guess that you could get separetley for him.

The back cover of the booklet shows the different models. HIs feet are removed for the boots to be added, and his hand is removed for the weapon hand.
    His clear head is removed to show the cyborg head underneath.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Wow! That's a great collection! I take it King Waruda is the one in the middle?

I take it that's a lab for them in the second photo. I've never seen it before.

Daryl

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post
    Wow! Something I've never seen before. Very cool. I'll bet the clear plastic from then holds up better than what we have now.

Surprisingly these do hold up pretty good considering the age. You'll find them with some yellowing sometimes and some cracking. I have a few of these guys along with the villain version as well, King Waruda. I have the plant based costume as well, it's not pictured above.

Last edited by drquest; 12-28-2020, 02:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Nice DrQuest!! I've see photos of them before. I have a Heshin Cyborg, but it's a repro (or a new version) from the 2000's. I bought him on a whim.

Daryl

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Wow! Something I've never seen before. Very cool. I'll bet the clear plastic from then holds up better than what we have now.

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    I got this Henshin Cyborg figure in the mail today. It's a Takara figure, and is based on the vintage Joe body and produced in the early 70's.

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post

Here is the new uniform on a PH Joe who has been used as an Action Marine. I have all of the accessories in various bins, so will need to get the quartermaster (me) to dig into the stores and outfit this guy. Here's a better picture showing the awesome color of this uniform. The only real issue with the uniform is the snaps. They are all in various stages of corrosion, and the center snap on the front of the shirt will not stay closed. But I think this is a minor issue.
    Very nice MJF and an awesome price!

Yes do not wash that, it fades terribly and even trying to spot clean isn't a good idea. This one and the teal Airborne MP are both bad for that.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Yes! The one on the card back is the one I had. But mine didn't have the clipboard (or my mother tossed it). The air force uniform I had included an all dark blue cap and a light
    blue short sleeved shirt. The figure in the photos is the '70's version, he had "modern" hair with sideburns, very similar to Action Jackson. I have at least one of those figures.
    They had "bendy" arms, but like other bendy figures like Matt Mason, they don't bend anymore.

The M-1 for Fighting Yank is easy to spot, they look just like the Joe ones except they have a scope. Most of them now the scope is broken off, but there's a square box on top
    of the rifle to show where it once was. I have one from my childhood, square box on top but the front part of the barrel has also broken off.

I understand a harder to find uniform in a nice box would bring some money, but wow. I appreciate the link, and your efforts in finding it. I just don't have the collecting budget I
    used to have, I don't know if it's worth that kind of money to put on a figure I gave $5-8 for. And I'm not sure they would like my offer. LOL
    After all, I would open it and put it on a figure. But that is the uniform I had! I had forgotten about the plastic belt. Although the '70's version could have been a little different.

I did a little digging and found a box with two figures, one original and one '70's. The shirt looks just like the one in the photo you posted with the '70's figure. The pants are a
    little lighter in color, and don't seem to be the same quality as the '60's outfit. I can't remember how many of the FY figures I have, and I haven't found the first one I got with
    the boxed uniform and dog tag. I will need to do some more digging to find everything.

But I'm guessing the accessories will be much harder to find than the clothes. I really like the "new" camo outfit with the cloth hat. I've never seen it before. I wish I could find
    a photo of the set with the small mortar. It had two missiles and was spring loaded. I would love to find one of those.

The green uniform you posted was one I had, but it wasn't an MP set, that I remember. It might have been the one with the mortar. I was so young when I got them, I just
    remember bits and pieces.I remember a hard plastic green beret with a red painted flash. It wouldn't stay on Joe's head. Since I found out about Stony Smith as an adult
    collector, that was a direct copy of the Stony beret. But the Marx beret wasn't painted.

I checked the shirt on the '60's figure I have, no tag. I guess FY didn't do tags.

I will look and see if I can find all of my FY, I need to put them together anyway. I was collecting a lot at one time but when I hit burnout and stopped for a few years, I've
    forgotten where I put everything. At times I will dig in a few boxes when I have time, and find stuff I forgot I had!

I greatly appreciate your efforts in finding out about Fighting Yank! I never knew about him as a child, found out as an adult collector, finding out that what I had as a kid
    wasn't actually Joe but FY. And I found out about Stony Smith as an adult. I had Johnny West when I was a kid, but never knew about Stony. It's been an education
    about toys from my childhood after being a collector.

The one Joe I still have from my childhood still carries the .45 from that FY MP set. I might still have the helmet if I hadn't taken a step back and stepped on it, crushing
    it when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X