• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Okay, bought and paid for. Figure is in the mail. I just pulled the trigger on what I believe is a 1967 Marine Jungle Fighter uniform, in very nice condition. It's currently on an AT figure which is a little beat up, but can be restored. Pics will be posted when he arrives. Never thought I'd acquire this set at this price.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I've been in acquisition mode again for the past week. Getting back into the hobby. I am getting parts for the MSV, and some Classic Collection Joes. I also am about to close a deal which I'll announce here when it's paid for. It's a holy grail for many of us, and I'm looking forward to posting pics when it comes home with mail call. Very excited to share this with you all. I'm also officially taking 3 weeks off around Christmas and will be doing some reorganizing in my study/Joe room. I hope to have another shelf to display Adventure Team Joes very soon. Main goal is to make it easier to work (and walk) in there. But Joe should benefit too. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Yeah, I've been busy for sure. I'm slowing down now - partly through having found many of my grails, but also from lack of funds. I've put more stuff on Ebay, and will probably list a few more things shortly to raise capital. It's been a fun two months on the Joe front.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    I think you must have broken some kind of record for "most active GI Joe collector!" Huzzah!

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Well, it only took me a couple of months longer to get up on Ebay. I now have a page there, and have sold 8 lots/items so far. I have another 10 up for sale there now. My user name is the same as on here. I've also been buying some pieces to complete sets recently with my Ebay proceeds. I picked up the Club Black & White Sailor (completing my collection of that set), the Club Lost Talker Soldier (completing that collection), the AT Fight for Survival set, and a blue backpack to complete that set, a Navy life ring, a camo dickie for the 2nd Green Beret I'm putting together, a nice yellow AT life vest to complete my Fantastic Freefall set, a nice orange life vest with all the straps and rings for my Scramble Pilot, a straight ridge pole for the White Tiger Hunt tent (completing that set), the glow rock from Radiation Detection (completing that set too), and a new tail section for my second AT Helicopter I'm building. It's been an eventful 2 months. I've also acquired a Joe or two. Look in the Latest Projects thread to see my most recent vintage Joe buy - an incomplete Air Adventurer which was in pieces. I got him for $35.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 03-10-2020, 09:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GIJOEMOA
    replied
    I just picked up these two Canadian figures over the holidays. I was unaware that the boxes were unique to Canada (other than the French language editions). As you can see they did the lithograph directly onto the folded paper box. They're very thin and fragile, hence not too many survive. I had to do some glue repair to the box tops and tape repair to the lower boxes. The figures themselves were near mint. A seamstress friend had to repair their shoulder elastic. I think they display pretty nice. Now to get them some paperwork.

GIJOEMOA

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	3916 Won one additional lot on Ebay today. This one completes my AT Training Center (except I don't have the box). Among other things, it has the snake, an intact handlebar, and the last pole I need for the tarp on the cave. It also has extras I need for a second AT Training Center I'm planning to sell. So now I've finished another set. AT Training Center. Feels good. Now I just need to take some photos, and post the extra tower on Ebay myself. It will be the first set I put up for sale on the bay. I'll then add some other stuff, like an AT Headquarters, a spare Troubleshooter, and some AT Helicopter parts. I also will probably put up a couple of smaller sets, like the firefighter, space suits, Jungle Survival set, Spy Island set, and the extra Capture of the Pygmy Gorilla set I have. It should be fun putting these up for sale. Hopefully I'll have it up and ready to go in a few weeks. Nice to finally get this off the ground.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-14-2020, 03:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	3915
    I've had a few recent acquisitions. I did a trade with Matt Stevens for some of his awesome stuff. I also got one of the last "Radioactive Recovery" sets he had on hand. Also received a partially complete AT helicopter yesterday, which will allow me to finally assemble an AT helicopter with all of the parts unbroken and unwarped. I'll post some pics hopefully this weekend under the "Latest projects" thread. Today, I managed to win an Ebay auction for 10 Adventure Team outfits, a Mike Power figure and a lot of AT Training Center gear, including two black lebel revolvers and a black .45 plus the brown M-1 carbine. I'm looking forward to its arrival. No telling what else is included in the set. I try usually only to bid on larger lots - since I think they're more likely to have gear in good condition, and also since they're easier to get at a better price than bidding on individual pieces.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-14-2020, 03:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aiwaloki
    replied
    K. I have a pile of stuff I have not looked at in a while. I think I may find some treasure that I forgotten too. Just don't remember where I put the pile. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied

Name:	
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	3471 Had another find today while looking through my winter Gi Joe gear. I had recently gotten a set with a white vinyl belt that had two sets of white (knockoff) ammo pouches, and also a first aid kit. I also remembered that I had another white vinyl belt in my "belts" bag from another set. I went looking for it, and then went on the 3D Joes site to see if it could be the belt that went with the first aid kit, and - it was! So then I remembered that I had a white hooded jumpsuit somewhere around - with fur trimmed hood. So I was searching for this off and on this afternoon, and sure enough, it appeared - nowhere where I thought it would be - but in a pile of unsorted stuff on my desk! So I pulled a pair of arctic boots off the shelf, and voila! 1973 Winter Rescue set! I already had it, but today it was a find for me.

Leave a comment:

• Aiwaloki
    replied
    Great story... I find it hard to split a family.. I have a jeep that came with two joes from an original owner and I always keep them together. Hey do you need a footlocker tray.. I got a repo I can send you.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	141.3 KB ID:	3465

I just got back from the Kentuckiana Gi Joe Toy Expo. I picked up a few talkers that I had sent to Scott Wilde a few months ago, and asked to pick them up at this show. All were ready, and all were now able to talk, when before, all three had broken strings. The soldier pictured here was part of a set I purchased about a year ago from Ebay. I did not know whether the blonde figure was a Talking Action Soldier, Talking Action Sailor, Talking Action Marine, or something else, like a Talking Astronaut. It turns out, that he is a talking Action Soldier! So, he will now be outfitted as a soldier from now on. His trousers are a little scuffed and pilled, so I will look for a new uniform for him, and also get out my best pair of brown boots and a good set of gear for him. Who knows how long he was silent, with a broken string, not only causing his silence, but preventing his identity from being known! He may need treatment by the Marine Medic for PTSD. We'll see. Above is a photo of the set he came with. The two Joes were owned by two brothers, who decided to sell their Gi Joe collection. I am privileged to own it, and it occupies a place of honor in my collection.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 07-22-2019, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	3428

The Adventurer arrived today. He is almost perfect. I was very surprised at the overall condition since the seller showed pics of the leg joints which were crumbled. However he's tightly strung, and stands just fine. I don't want to restring until he gets floppy, and then maybe I'll replace the ball joints. For now, all he really needs is a new right hand. I'm looking for one now. I missed the end of an auction for two hands at $13 final price. Just wasn't paying attention this evening. There'll be another chance I'm sure. I got him suited up in his correct uniform complete with boots and pistol/holster set. All he needs now is a minor cleaning of his flocking, and a new AT patch. He's ready to join the team!
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 07-14-2019, 06:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied

Name:	s-l1600 (18).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	3946 My latest scores include a large lot with 17 Joes (two are HOF figures with no uniforms or boots) and including a talking Joe and a Japanese Infantryman! Also in the lot was most of a Bulletman. I've just gotten the parts (except I still need one boot and a right bicep) to restore Bulletman. I plan to use the Cotswold kit for that. Still need to get some glue and a chrome pen too.

I also just scored an Adventure Team HH Adventurer. His hip joints are broken in the photos I saw, and I got him for about $50 because of that. I don't know when he'll arrive, however I ordered two new ball joints for him from Cotswold, and I have a pristine Adventurer uniform just waiting for him. I can hardly wait to restring this guy and add him to the Adventure Team on my shelf. I've been looking for a long time for the right guy, and the right price. Once he and Bulletman are both reassembled, I'll be finished with my vintage Adventure Team. I don't care to get the talking Astronaut, or try for the ultra-pricey Black AT Commander. I have repros of both, and that's good enough for me. I'll post some photos once there's some progress.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 01-21-2020, 04:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oliver
    replied
    Nice score!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X