• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    The shipping was a lot, but it will be a big box I'm sure. The rest of the price was less than you'd pay for just the Adventurer. If he's intact.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Nice haul Myles! I'm guessing it cost you a pretty penny.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Last night I won an auction for another AT lot on Ebay. Here is a photo from Ebay of the contents. The uniforms look very nice and almost new (some of them), and there is a likely intact Adventurer as part of the haul. This will be only my second Adventurer. There also are a few nice pieces of paperwork, and of course three, and maybe 5 complete vehicles. Including a nearly complete AT Helicopter (I have 3 already) and a nice looking but dirty ATV. After cleanup both should look really good. Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (11).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	5420

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    I want to get back into vintage 12" Joe, BUT, I have been getting the new 6" GIJoe Classified figures. At first I didn't like them and thought they were too much at $19.99 apiece. I now have 19 of them. They are nice figures and Hasbro have actually been listening to collectors and improving the figures. The latest figures announced(B.A.T., Spirit, and Tiger Force Outback)look great. Best looking figures so far.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Today I splurged a little. I found a couple of things I could not pass up on Tak7's ebay page. One was an unbroken stretcher! (I've never seen a vintage one without breaks!) and also a rifle for a Soldier Ape from POTA. I also went to 3rdSonBooks and purchased a lot of the reproduction comics he makes https://www.gijoeat3rdsonbooks.com/b...ro-mini-comics I also got a set of 4 repro AT decals for good measure. And I also bought one of the Mego Soldier Apes (the modern kind) from a different Ebay vendor. So it was a splurge of a small sort. Tomorrow I need to renew our AAA membership and maybe some other critical items.

I also spent some time looking at Pawtuckett Platoon's facebook page. I drooled over a lot of his creations. Then tonight, I watched Kenny McGregor's cool FB auction and picked up an AT pistol and an almost complete West Point Cadet uniform. I'm stoked!!
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 11-17-2021, 04:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    Nice. I have one of these that I have had for as long as I can remember. Too bad he is so small. I want to complete the whole set one of these days, besides 3 other sets I have been working on since the days of the AOL Trenches.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I think you're right. I've been looking one for a while with no success. Glad I found this one! In other news, my Geyperman hands arrived today from Hobbycrash! I was really surprised since they came from Spain. Maybe shipping times are improving?
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 11-15-2021, 03:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Great score Myles! It's my understanding these are hard to find. I'm thinking those were only available in one Sears set.

Last edited by TNshooter; 11-14-2021, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Won an AT Abominable Snowman on Ebay today. Here he is. There's no snow here yet, so he may find it hard travelling on foot from Ohio. Once here there should be plenty of snow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600(55).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	5396

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Good luck with delivery times. I hope they arrive before you die of old age. I've been waiting for an Amazon prime delivery for over 2 months now. It was supposed to ship in 2 days. :-( I guess crazy inflation, a crappy economy, and broken supply chain is how we build back better.
    -ATC

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Last night I ordered 3p of Geyperman action hands for future KFG hand replacements. I've waited and waited for Cotswold to restock. But I haven't seen any for months. I finally broke down and ordered them from Hobbycrash. I got some of their type 1 KFG hands last time, and they are very soft and didn't grip the pegs very well. The new Type 2 hands are supposed to be better. I think they may be the ones Cots stocked. Anyway, they are now on their way to me. Who knows how long the delivery time will be? I have had overseas items arrive after 2 or 3 months lately. Maybe by then, I'll have some AT members in need of new hands. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	5348
    I won an auction last night for an equipment tester - at least the main parts. I can get the legs from a repro guy on Ebay. The real legs are $88 on another seller's page. I think I'll skip it. The repro ones look and work great. My Adventure Team equipment shed is getting full. At least now the Team can check out the other gear, and find out what's wrong. This unit is a little banged up. No doubt from some rough operation back in the 1970s. But it's not a serious flaw. All of the working parts are functional, and the equipment dials work. The price was also right at about $44. The Commander is pleased with the Quartermaster's work. I can't complain.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 10-24-2021, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• geyejoeme
    replied
    very cool stuff

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• geyejoeme
    replied
    cool stuff