• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Sure! That would be great!

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    Nice looking lot there! I've had pretty good luck re-stringing those muscle bodies with elastic. I can dig up the guide for that if you'd like.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Mail call today brought the box above. The head is from the muscle body Joe, and the left lower arm is not included. So I need to find an arm for this Joe, and then I can work on restoring him. He does have his LA pants, and there were 3 pairs of short black vintage boots. So the uniform only needs a shirt. I may have one in my uniform bin. The tall boots are 40th. The torso is from a Commander, but has the lower leg peg busted. So it's no good. The spring is out of the reel on the talking mechanism, but the string is still intact and attached. I'll watch some videos and do some fiddling to see if I can recoil the spring. Maybe it's a good talk box!? Many of the uniforms are play-worn, and I have better versions of all or most, so those will go up for auction soon on Ebay. The other items from Laser Rescue, the shark and the barbed wire also will likely go on Ebay. So will the AT locker. It's missing its handles and the tray. But it's in nice shape otherwise. I may swap parts with a beat up one and auction the beat up shell. We'll see. Not a bad price for the whole. I bought it mostly for the muscle body land adventurer. I plan to make him my first muscle body repair. I have some Cots kits for that. I hope to get to work shortly. Details will be in the latest projects thread. Eventually if not sooner!

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Well played!
    Those "laser rescue" mining helmets are pretty cool.
    I had one as a kid. I may still have it kicking around the depths of my Joe Room somewhere.
    When I was a kid, I recall finding some glow-in-the dark decal material that I cut into a circle and stuffed into the lens on the light. It glowed in the dark and I thought it was the coolest.
    Ah, simpler times...
    :-)
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    It's mostly luck. I found this after doing a search for Gi Joe Adventure Team and looking at most recent listings. This was for a low price which is way below what others offer. I just happened to see it before most.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Wow Myles! You either have great luck, or do a lot of searching for good deals. I see a Jungle Survival shirt, what looks like an Atomic Man shirt, and two backpacks and helmets from the Laser Rescue!
    Not to mention a plastic AT footlocker.
    Great score!

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	5479

Yesterday I won another auction. This time the seller had a low Buy it Now price, so I snapped it up. This will be my second Muscle Body Joe once I find another lower arm for him. Also will be interesting to see if the talking mechanism works. It may be a good one to learn on. Also have some nice uniforms here, including a complete Sea Adventurer uniform with nice blue shirt, and a second shirt to boot. Lots of other goodies here too. I'll keep him as a Land Adventurer, because of the flocking, but also because the camo shorts are here, plus part of the LA uniform. Wish I knew what happened to the talking Commander. Only the torso, mechanism and one thigh remain. Maybe sharks?

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Thanks Daryl! I also found a pair of camo pants in the bunch. They have black round snaps. Sound like anything you might need? Also there's an almost definite Fighting Yank M-1 carbine.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    An unbroken Adventurer is a great find. I have seen photos online where collectors figures had broken down in pieces, apparently because of the coloring used to
    mold the bodies. And a minty uniform for him? Apparentely he was well taken care of. If the AT shoulder-holsters still have the pegs intact, that's a definite score.
    Not to mention the other items! Sounds like you got a great score!! Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    The lot I won on 11/28 arrived yesterday. It was a treasure trove. I love getting lots with lots of stuff. You never know what will be in them that's not in the photos! This one had, among other things, a red first aid kit, a red flashlight (missing the silver "lens), a complete Adventurer uniform (minty) a complete Sea Adventurer uniform (very nice condition), Commander uniform (complete with some fading), and and a minty MOA shirt. Also 3 AT shoulder-holsters, 2 unbroken Lebel revolvers, a canister, glow belt, yellow tongs and glow rock from Radiation Detection, a complete UNBROKEN Adventurer with perfect flocking, a minty parachute from Fantastic Freefall, an intact dynamite stick, and 3 pairs of nice AT short black boots.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-13-2021, 06:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (9).jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	5440 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_223816.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	5441

On Saturday I continued my Gi Joe buying binge. I think it's now complete for a while. I won two auctions for partial Gi Joe AT bodies. The cool thing is that today, they both arrived in the mail, with a THIRD body enclosed in the packaging! So now I have 3 new AT members. I already have the noggins for them all somewhere. I just need to find them. Then I'll get the other missing parts from the parts bin, and suit them up for reassignment to the Adventure Team!!! I'll post pictures of the completed Joes in the My Latest Projects thread soon.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-09-2021, 02:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Score!!!

- ATC

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied

Name:	20211204_203225.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	5429

Name:	20211204_203231.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	5430 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211204_203311.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	5431

Yesterday I arranged to purchase a 40th Army Joe in Chicago. I went to pick him up today and not only does he have the 2 pocket uniform I like, but he also had a nearly complete MP uniform behind him in the same box! A very nice surprise for the price paid. I'll post some pics soon.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 12-05-2021, 02:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Soundsl like Christmas came early for you this year, Myles! Congrats!
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Cotswold finally had their KFG Geyperman hands back in stock today, so I ordered 4 pairs. I also found they once again had tan belt sliders, so I ordered a bunch of those. Also some more Navy insignia, and a decal for the Scramble Pilot helmet I got from 3rd Son Books. I also got my most recent 2 shipment from 3rd Son, which were a bunch of replica AT comic books, and also 8 keychains for my remaining 6 AT vintage tags that needed them. I also got a modern replica of the breeches buouy harness, and a replacement belt for the AT Mobile Support Center (from another vendor on Ebay). So all in all a good day for Gi Joe. I'll enjoy fixing up my tan pistol belts over the holidays, and putting them on my MP and other figures.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X