• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	5609

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	5608

I also loved Micronauts as a kid. Here's the blue Acroyear which my brother had. I wanted one to complete my 3 figure collection. ( I had a green one, and there was also a pink one) Here he is. The enemy of the Micronauts!

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	137.5 KB ID:	5580

I won this set on Ebay tonight. These are some of the best condition items I've seen in a while on the bay. I once found an almost complete set of the 1973 line in perfect condition. These are all from 74-75, and will fill some big holes in my collection. The buried bounty set will be the next completed from that year. And I now will have a shot at completing the Black Widow Rendezvous, and the Jettison to Safety set. The blue pants are minty and are allegedly from the Danger Ray Detection set. I'll have to ask the experts on that. I just checked Darryl Depriest's "The Collectible Gi Joe" and the blue pants are in fact from Mineshaft Breakout. Cool.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 04-20-2022, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    I just need to start looking. I've been doing vintage 3 3/4" Joes and the new Classified figures, so vintage 12" has fallen to the way side. I'll get back into vintage 12" eventually though.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Nice!
    Congrats!
    -ATC

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    That's very cool. I never had Mike Power as a kid. I only had one Land Adventurer, but I also had the rescue raft, AT Helicopter, and the AT Headquarters. I remember seeing Mike in stores, and in commercials. Cool that you still have yours. I'm sure you'll find his outfit before long. I've come across several on Ebay in the recent past.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    Nice. I still have my childhood Mike Power. I need to get a new outfit for him(the on he originally came in). I also have the Mountain Out Post. Haven't looked at in in a long time, but I know it's about 80-90% complete. Never knew about the various outfits for him until I found the original Trenches back in the AOL days.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	5555 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	5556

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	5557 Won this awesome set on Ebay today. I didn't think I could snag it, but I got lucky with a decent price. I'll be glad to have another Mike Power set in my collection. The only other I have is Race for Recovery. My Race for Recovery suit is missing a tooth or two, and I don't have the original red rock. This one is in much better condition and the belt is really nice.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Yay! Progress is always good! It's a nice feeling to find things you THOUGHT you'd lost, too!
    :-)
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I found the 4 AT heads today! They were covered with other Gi Joe stuff on a desk in my study. So now they have been placed on the bodies I have, and I have filled in the other missing pieces. So now I have 3 new members of the Adventure Team, minus one right foot on the Sea Adventurer. I have a Cots foot and calf I'm trying to pry apart for the foot. Then I'll finish the Sea Adventurer and find uniforms for all three.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I'm sure this isn't the same Ark made by Hasbro. This one weighs two pounds.

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Nice! I remember when the arks came out, as I recall it was a mail away item. I'm thinking that people were selling them on the bay for about $200.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I ordered one of Angelo D'Annibale's new sets yesterday. He calls it "Coils of the Ruby" Here's a photo from Facebook: Click image for larger version  Name:	277681444_10159974428689521_5233448249001476604_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	141.8 KB ID:	5537

I'm finding that I'm spending more money on newer Joe sets from these creative Joeheads. I like the AT vibe of this set. The ark is not plastic though - Angelo says it weighs two pounds!
    I'm also waiting to place a large order with Cots for some uniforms and gear from their Vintage Vibe section. Really nice stuff there - especially their new pattern Commander style uniforms.

And I'm trying to go back through what I already have. My collection has become disheveled (along with my study) and is in great need of a thorough reorganization and possible thinning of extras. I never seem to have the time though. Tonight I was trying to find 3 or 4 AT heads I got from Ebay a while ago - to match them up with 3 headless AT bodies I have. I couldn't find the heads yet though.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    If starting bids are that high, I won't bid either. Instead of such a high starting bid, just do a BIN. Or, if it's some really nice stuff, start the biding low. You will get your price. But then again, I haven't searched ebay for Joe stuff in awhile, too busy looking for Classified figures now.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Did some searches on Ebay today. All of the lots I could see with anything worthwhile had minimum bids of over $300. I think it's a trend now to set the price you want as the starting bid. Anyway, I'm not bidding.

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X