• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNshooter
    replied
    Nice pickup Myles! It's sometimes hard to find them with the original suit. The tabs break off and people toss them, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I finally bought something. It's from 1976 AT. The Intruder Commander! I never had one of these, and am looking forward to having him lurk around the AT Headquarters, or maybe hijacking the ATV for a little spin in search of Van Camps Pork & Beans! Here are some photos from Ebay. He should be arriving before Halloween. Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (53).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	5317 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600(53).jpg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	5318
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Flint is narcissistic. He's losing a little bit of hair on one side, and is very self-conscious. He tries to keep his helmet on. Especially if Jane is looking...
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Thanks ATC, I'm glad you like the Rock and Roll. I had been wanting to set him up like that for a long time, I was finally able to find
    a second gun in the same colors as the one I had. They had a few variations. I didn't recognize Flint right away, probably because
    of the helmet.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    The guy in the rear of my squad is flint. I think those are the only HOF figures I have. Nice job on your rock and roll!
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Nice squad! I see Rock-n-Roll, Duke and Ace. I haven't converted my desert camo Duke or Ace, but I have converted my Rock-n-Roll figure.
    Along with my Sgt. Savage figure. With CC bodies.

I customized my Rock-n-Roll figure to match the 3 3/4" version.
    Last edited by TNshooter; 08-20-2021, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Some of those HOF sculpts were pretty decent! I put some on SA bodies and made a WWII German special forces paratrooper squad out of 'em:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hof.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	5287
    The leader is, of course, not a HOF, but is instead a cigar-smoking officer (I think it was a 21C tanker head sculpt). The uniforms and accessories are a mish-mash of stuff, but mostly 21st Century and Dragon. I put these together YEARS ago... before my kids all outgrew me. About all of my Joes are in squads, for easy wargaming deployment. Army squad, Marine Squad, Japanese Squad, German Squad, you get the idea). We used them in our Joe Wargaming (COMBAT rules on my website http://www.gijoe.50megs.com/). These joes saw a lot of action before being "aged" into retirement. I "aged out" of Joes when I discovered girls and motorcycles. Same thing happened with my boys.
    Now the squads of Joes are all waiting for grandkids to see action again.
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    Very cool ATC! I only have MME. Marie and Miss Fear. I don't have any of the Sgt. Rock guys. I have the Hasbro equivalent, Sgt. Savage. He was an HOF figure, but I put him on a CC body.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    I''ve got a latest find... Sgt Rock and the soldiers from Easy Company, all NIB! Found 'em on a top shelf in my Joe Room. Forgot I had 'em. Huh! Who knew?
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Organization is always a challenge! I've never been able to organize until maybe the last 2 years. That's when I got my Joe room. Now that I have all my stuff in one place and in one room, I can get organized. I still have to do it. Lots of stuff is still in plastic containers. I'm hoping to make headway on that project this winter. Nothing is organized by original set. My stuff is all organized by group instead. Military, adventure team, science fiction, etc. I have not kept things separate by manufacturer, either. For instance, my German infantry squad is a mashup of hasbro, dragon, 21st century, and other oddball parts. Ditto for my paratroopers, marines, etc. I've always been a mix 'n' match kind of guy... whose collection evolved with kids over time as we played with our Joes! Now that the kids have grown up and moved out and taken their bins of sentimental stuff with them, I have what's left -- a mess on my hands!

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I've recently discovered that my stores of AT uniforms have grown depleted. I used my last Mike Power uniform on the Atomic Man (Mike Power) I got recently. I looked through my Land Adventurer unis today, and found both remaining shirts are missing snaps. Then there are about 8 pairs of pants with no shirt to match with. I looked in my AT Commander uniforms yesterday, and found I had only one matched shirt and pants, except for a bag of Muscle Body Commander uniforms I keep separately. And I have no more Man of Action uniforms. The two on new figures I'm fixing up are the last, and one of them needs some snaps. So any new AT members will have to don uniforms from various AT sets rather than the uniforms they came in the box with originally. I'm unable to provide new uniforms for any of the AT now, except possibly the Adventurer, if I should come across another one. So my next step in organizing the collection will be to reorganize them all by set, rather than by individual parts. That way I'll know what parts I still need, and which ones are extras I can trade or sell. I'll try to get started on this soon. I have other purchases I'd like to make, and I would prefer to do it out of GI Joe sales rather than our of our checking acccount.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Today I bought several pairs of boots from a guy on the Facebook group "Original Gi Joe Collectors Group" 2p tall black boots, 2p tall brown boots, and 2p short black boots. My new troops need them! Also, today I won an Ebay auction for a GI Joe Tank Commander helmet. This, with the reproduction tripod, will complete my set. Pics will follow soon.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    You bet Dave! Sorry you couldn't be there. Someday we have to meet. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Stupendous, Myles!
    Well done!
    HUZZAH!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    - ATC

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Posted details with each photo above.